Question about Canon imageRUNNER 105 Copier
We are using a number of Canon IR105 and Canon IR8500 machines and face the following teething trobles :
1. We regulalry face problems related to trays not being able to sense paper available ie in each of the machines only one or two trays out of the four present trays will be sensing the availability of paper. In "Paper Select" option where we select the tray from which the paper is to be picked up then for the selected tray the "Done" button remains greyed out ie cannot be selected even if the tray has been loaded with paper.
2. Often we get message "Tray Suspend" also for which we do not know what to do. The concerned Tray is highlighted with a red icon and the message displayed is "Suspend" and the machine stops. In these cases we open the tray, remove 1-2 pages and the machine starts to work. But in many a times this problem gets repeated so often that no effective prits can be taken form the machine.
3. Another very frequent problem is related to paper pickup where the paper does get picked up but the paper jams at the location above Transfer / Separation assembly ( Transfer Corona Assembly in regular parlance) where the registration rod is there (the registraion rod has the registration clutches at both the ends.)
4. Please also throw some light on the paper sensors / tray sensors available in these machines and their connections also to help solve this problem. Pl. alo provide some link to relevant pdfs, URLs on Internet where we can gain more information on these machines. We do have service manuals for these but do not have any document which explains the functions of the componenets and sensors in these machines.
5. What is the correct height and tension of the corona wires in Transfer/ Separation Corona Assembly and Primary Corona Assembly.
6. Sparking is observed in Transfer Corona Asembly and Primary Corona assembly and this has resulted into pit marks on several drums in our machines. Please advise us on how to prevent sparks at these places.
7. What are the functions of Pre Transfer Corona Assembly . We have been operating these machines without this corona. Does this affect the performance of these machines in any way? If we use the Pre Transfer Corona Assembly we get E065 error too often and hence we are running these machines without the Pre Transfer Corona Assembly.
8. Many a times the image on the paper is skewed / tilted by an angle. This error comes and after some time and a few hundered printout goes off. The position of tilt varies with the prints taken out. As the paper cannot be tilted in the paper path (as far as we can understand these machines) we are surprised to see a tilted image on the prints taken.
Please help usin this regard. We have tried to contact several Canon Engineers but to no avail.
Thanks and regards
WOW !!!! that is a list, but I will try to shed some light.
1-are the trays not being sensed in the paperdeck (optional paper tray capacity)
and the ones that work in the copier?/ a) the bord may be bad b) the connector may not have good contact
3-registration jam, a) the registration assembly is probably shorting out b) notenough sep causing the paper to rise up on the drum and then jam,
4-the paper sensor in the trays are in the pick up assembly tires, the ones that come down topick up the paper, there is a sensor that is loose but when it hits paper goes up, when no paper the metal plate goes up but has a hole for the sensor to fall trough and does not go up, giving paper empty.
5-I do not have any info on the specs for the corona wires, this is in the service manual
6-Sparking in the coronas is bad and can result in paper jams and holes in the drum, sometimes putting whiteout on the very ends of the coronas help, but it's better to replace, you can get the end blocks seperate.
7-Pre-corona assy' is to charge up the drum for fater copies, some techs do take them out, if all the wires are arcing then it may be your HVT (high voltage transformer) for the coronas going bad.
8-image is skewed only when using ADF if you put it on the glass it should be fine, the problem is the glass is too dry, try spraying some WD40 on the glass and wiping it off, leaving no residue just a slick smooth surface. the paper turns due to the dryness when fed on the glass.
9- Yes you are right there is no room for the paper to skew it would tear or get jammed if it did
hope I was of some help
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
Out of paper problem on cannon
Posted on Nov 02, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 15, 2015 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 17, 2012 | Canon 2 Ir3300 Ir3300i B/w Copier/ Network...
Sep 15, 2011 | Canon imageRUNNER 8500 Copier
Mar 04, 2010 | Canon imageRUNNER 8500 Copier
Jan 04, 2010 | Canon iR 2016i Black and White Copier
Sep 06, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 06, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
1,486 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: