I have a gateway 2000 computer I bought about 10 years ago, but it still works. I need to hook ethernet wire to my router from my computer, but it did not work. I am told that I should dowload a ethernet network adapter or something else. I don't know where I can get it. MY computer model is
G6 - 400 My e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have a Sony Bravia 46'' TV. I bought a Universal WiFi Adapter from Walmart a few years ago for about $50. You have to plug it into the Ethernet port on the Bravia using an Ethernet cable (the other end of the Ethernet cable goes into the Ethernet port on the adapter). The adapter needs also a power outlet. I do not remember if the adapter came with the Ethernet cable (likely) or I had to buy it separately.
Before buying the adapter make sure that:
1. Your Bravia has an Ethernet port (on my Bravia it is in the back of the TV), and
2. You have/use a wireless router for your home network.
Limited or No Connectivity. It only means that when your trying to connect wirelessly the Network Key that you've entered on the computer did not match the Network Key on the router. What you need to do is to access the router and then look for the Wireless Settings Page, look for the Network Key or Passphrase.
How to access the Router:
1. You need to know the ipaddress of your router. You can refer to the manual or check the Default Gateway of your computer (Make sure that you connect the computer to the router using an ethernet cable for you to get the Default Gateway). Click on START then RUN. Type CMD on the small box on the lower left of the screen. Type IPCONFIG on the black window and get the value of your DEFAULT GATEWAY (it starts with 192.168.x.x)
2. Open a Browser, Type the DEFAULT GATEWAY on the address bar of your Browser. It will ask you for a username and password. (Refer to the manual of your router or post a reply so that i can provide you the username and password of your router)
3. Go to the Wireless Settings Page of your router. Look for the SSID or the Network Name and the Network Key or Passphrase. You can personalize it so that you can easily remeber the details.
4. Make sure you connect to your SSID and enter the Network Key to make it secure.
5. Try to browse. If Successful Rate me so that i can help others.
Are you connecting to your own wireless router? If yes, have you changed anything in its configuration, or inadvertently reset it? If you're connecting to someone else's router (neighbor, etc.) it could be that they have locked you out. Does the wireless network show as secured? This sounds more like a security issue than hardware or driver.
Actually what you need is a USB ethernet adapter. Then you connect a standard ethernet cable to the USB dongle and to the router or DSL or cable modem. Tigerdirect.com has both 10/100 and gigabit ethernet devices of this type. Since USB 2.0 is limited to 480Mbs, stick with the 10/100 type. Other stores will also have these devices; just read the specs to check that Win2K is supported.
Use an Ethernet cable to connect the port on the Comcast modem to the WAN port on the Berklin (Belkin????) router.
Use another Ethernet cable to connect one of the LAN ports on the router to the Ethernet port on your computer.
Start Internet Explorer on your computer.
Connect to the web-interface inside the router.
Run the "network setup wizard".
Run the "wireless setup wizard".
See if you can hook an ethernet cable up between your computer and the Linksys. Then give it a few minutes and go to a command prompt and type ipconfig you will see the black screen display your ip address and so you can write down the gateway address. Now in a broswer, type the ip address. It will look something like this http://192.168.0.1 and you should see a configuration menu pop up. Hope this helps
Ethernet connection is a LAN or a CAT cable One end of that cable will connect at the back of ur router box that u will have with u or u will get it from ur ISP . and the other end of that cable goes to the back of ur pc in the jack which says LAN or try to plug it in any socket which fits properly. u will a light that will start flashing at the back of ur back when u plug that cable in to check whether u system supports ethernet connection or not 1. right click on my computer 2. goto properties 3. goto hardware 4. goto device manager 5. u will find network adapters there click on the plus sign on the left side of network adapters plus sign will change to minus under network adapters look for an ethernet adapter or network controller or 10/100 or 10/1000 fast ethernet NIC ( network interface card ) if u have one , then ur pc supports ethernet connection U just have to connect the ethernet cabel to ur router box and at the back of ur pc and u just have to open internet explorer and ur internet would start working... if u dont have ethernet cable with u or ur system does not have an ether net socket in ur system , u can goto any computer shop and get an ethernet cable and a socket for ur system If u dont want to do that , u can go for a USB cable connection with ur pc or a wireless connection.... reply back if u face any further problems