For the past week or so all my colour print outs have either very faded blue or now no blue at all. All cartridges are >90%. I've also noted that just as the paper pick up takes place a heavy noise occurs. At first I thought it was from where the paper gets picked up in the tray, but I've since found that it doesn't make this noise when printing in black. It's almost like the Cyan cartridge is blocked meaning no blue in the colour print and a noise caused by the system trying to extract it or add it to the print colour. Sorry if it sounds vague, but I'm lost here.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 20 or more questions within one hour.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Epson C900 won't print in blue, noisy pick up
The rollers are jammed with a tiny piece of foam from a damaged pick up roller, usually because it is just worn out from multiple refills or it has been over-filled when re-filling or the wrong brand of toner can sometimes do it too. If you take the roller out of the cartridge, you should be able to dislodge it, but usually it's the beginning of the end of the cartridge, as the roller is starting to disintegrate. You need to get a replacement cartridge.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When printing, as thepaper is being transported up the printer, try pressing the right door panel of the printer firmly with your hand. If the colours are much improved then the printer requires a new Transfer roller.
1. Open the Right Door.
2. Remove the Transfer Roller while opening the shaft holder (white color) levers found at the left and right shaft ends of the Transfer Roller to unlock it. Lift out the roller.
1. are you running out of toner magenta and blue??
2. remove magenta and blue, shake them gently HORIZONTALY to evenly distribute the toner inside (the toner container internally has a spade that feeds the toner dust to a spongy roller then to the roller u see on the outside :) )). DON'T HANDLE THE TONER CARTRIDGE VERTICALLY ---ESPECIALLY WHEN U ARE LOW ON INK---
3. on photo conductor read my article http://www.fixya.com/support/t146110-epson_aculaser_c900_photoconductor
hi I believe this is a timing problem, you have done alot yet the same problem recurs . Compare the toner drum assembly holder positioning with another similar printer to justify its timing. Remove this holder drum and inspect the metallic contact tracks behind it.