Question about Whirlpool Dishwashers
SOURCE: dihwasher not working
I had a hotpoint engineer try to fix this type of problem.
He insisted that there was something stuck in the bottom of the pump.
Sure enough there was.
1. Unplug your dishwaser at the wall.
2. Remove the grill under the bottom rack.
3. Ensure that the filter is free from food and other obstacles and clean the filter.
4. Before replacing filter etc, get a piece of metal coat hanger wire and care fully insert it down the channel under the filter to free any lodged items. You may also see a small white impleller try to turn this with your finger or the coat hanger wire (this is the info from the engineer!).
5. replace filter and retry a wash.
This routine fixed or machine twice and will hopefully fix yours!
Don't forget to rate me!
The third time about 1 year later this occured again and even hotpoint gave up as they could not fix the machine. (after multiple visits). I think that the two flashing lights are were a red herring and the dishwasher had a separate intermitten fault. Hotpoint replaced the unit for a mimum charge. Callout + 40
Posted on Feb 27, 2008
SOURCE: My AEG favorit sensorlogic turbo
I just had the same issue done everything you say above with no joy. i then emptied the water that was in the dishwasher that the filter goes into and its now fine.
Posted on Jul 03, 2008
Lets try the following hope this works
1.- unplug the appliance, isolate it from the electric supply.
2.- Remove the kitchen unit plinth and check inside the inspection panels below the door to see if there is water in the base.
If there is, sponge it out and then try the machine again.
Was this helpful?
Posted on May 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 06, 2011 | Whirlpool Dishwashers
Feb 26, 2009 | Frigidaire 24 in. FDB635RF Built-in...
Jan 05, 2009 | Whirlpool Gold 24 in. Built-In Dishwasher...
Dec 05, 2008 | Whirlpool GU2400XTP Built-in Dishwasher
Nov 08, 2008 | Whirlpool Gold 24 in. Built-In Dishwasher...
Sep 23, 2008 | Whirlpool 24 in. DU930PWP Built-in...
Jul 30, 2008 | Whirlpool GU2400XTP Built-in Dishwasher
99 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!