Question about IBM NetVista Intel Pentium 3 1GHz / 256MB SDRAM / 30GB HDD / CD-ROM / No OS / Off-Lease Barebone De... (6578XX3)
I have p3 930mhz IBM netvista system. machine type 6881. currently with 256mb sd ram, XP SP2.
i want to know 3 things..
1) audio & other device drivers for this machine.. which is a must if i install win98.
2) i was wondering about the effect of performance of the PC depending on its position, that is a) if cpu is kept vertical b) if cpu is kept horizontal... which one will be better
3) Is there any posibility that i could upgrade my ram to more than 512mb
since there are only two slots provided for ram and each can have a max of 256mb sd ram.
i'l be eagerly awaiting for the answers/suggestions
thank you in advance
you can also mail me firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Not sure what you want to do. Return to Win98? You may be hardpressed to find Win98 drivers, especially if you have any newer peripherals.
2) Since a cpu has no mechanical parts, it makes no difference whether it is vertical or horizontal. A cd/dvd drive however may be a different story.
3) If you only have 2 RAM slots that hold a max of 256mb, it stands to reason that you can only have 512mb total. There used to be some software programs that were supposed to have the effect of increasing RAM, but I never had much faith in them.
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Get online and got to www.google.com In the google search box type: "IBM Support" or "Lenovo Support" (without the quotes and put your manufacturer name before Support). Look for downloads and drivers. Enter your model number and operating system when requested. Download and install the Audio drivers.
Apr 24, 2012 | IBM Netvista Intel Pentium 4 1.8GHz /...
Aug 03, 2010 | IBM Netvista Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz /...
Jun 02, 2010 | IBM NetVista Intel Pentium 3 1GHz / 256MB...
Jan 06, 2010 | IBM NetVista Intel Pentium 3 1GHz / 256MB...
Mar 14, 2009 | IBM NetVista Intel Pentium 3 1GHz / 256MB...
Dec 26, 2008 | IBM NetVista PC Desktop
Jan 21, 2018 | The Computers & Internet
161 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: