The main 10A 250V Fuse keeps on blowing up everytime I use my Microwave function. This does not happen when I use the Convection Oven.
I have a National Microwave/Convection Oven Model NN-C988W. The Main SICHERUNG Fuse keeps on blowing up within a sec from turning on the Microwave function. This does not happen when I use the Convection Oven function. I looked around on the control panel but could not notice any blown components.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Fuses seldom just go bad on their own, but it's safe to replace. Before you replace the fuse, squeeze the tabs of the fuse holder clips together a bit. Sometimes they don't grip the fuse tightly enough, and this can cause heating which damages the fuse. If the fuse blows again there is a bad part in the oven that will need to be located and replaced. For a small countertop oven, it's probably more economical just to replace the oven than to repair it.
Check continuity of this 10A fuse to see if it's blown.
What is most likely to have happened, is that an internal short has happened inside the main transformer. These cannot be rectified, and often means scrapping the complete item due to cost of replacement.
However - if you can find another microwave with a different fault - just remove the good transformer.
Checking the transformer for a short at high voltage is not recommended.
You could try a spare 10A fuse as a start point (probably a leaded type) - but expect it to blow again. DON'T go higher or omit !
Usually, when your microwave oven doesn't work it all, the internal fuse (thermal fuse) is blown. This fuse protects both you and the oven. When it blows, you need to have a qualified appliance repair technician replace it.
many people have been electrocuted with an unplugged microwave due to the enormous residual charge inside.
you can now get a new microwave at walmart for fifty bucks..........why monkey with a ten year old unit.
Possibly the interlock monitor switch is bad or out of adjustment. This switch is designed to create a short circuit across the power line (and then blow the fuse) if you attempt to defeat the door interlock and operate the oven with the door open. A shorted capacitor or diode could also cause the fuse to blow. Because of lethal voltages inside and the possibility of microwave leakage if repairs aren't done correctly, you are best off leaving microwave service to professionals.
the outer casing has to be removed, inside you will find a large fuse 10A> this protects the transformers and magnetrons, also you will find some smaller control circuit fuses, they are normally mounted on the circuit board at the rear of the control panel.