An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Microwave Ovens Master
Re: Kenmore microwave oven by LG
You can remove the grille and control panel and you may be able to see the magnetron. If not, the oven will have to come out of the wall and the cover will have to come off.
our site, we have a video showing how to remove a typical
over the range control panel assembly in under 5 minutes.
may be a "mini-manual" hidden inside the unit behind the
control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is
very helpful when troubleshooting & testing.
Here is a link you or someone you know can use to test the magnetron, but please read the safety info: http://www.gallawa.com/microtech/mag_test.html Even though it passes these tests, it may still be bad. If the cooling fan is working, then it's the magnetron. That simple, I'm afraid.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
F2.Q1 Not reading keypad
1. Unplug microwave oven or disconnect power.
2. Replace the user interface board (UIB).
3. Replace the door control assembly.
4. Replace all parts and panels before operating.
5. Plug in microwave oven or reconnect power.
Many of the error codes may be solved by power cycling: unplug microwave oven or
disconnect power. After one minute, plug in microwave oven or reconnect power.
i found this info on a tech sheet hope this helps, let me know how it goes... some of those electronics had 5 year parts warranty i would check that out....Also u might be better of buying a new one if its out of warranrty as some of those boards are expensive, obvioulsy unplug unit first try to reset it self.
Mine did this when my wife had it on full power for over 10 minutes. We left it set for 15 or so minutes and it came back on. It did the same thing when my niece was heating a liquid with some metal in it. It eventually came back on. There must be a thermal circuit breaker inside the unit. Yours may have a fuse or some sort of circuit breaker inside it, that needs replacing or resetting. Then again some units have a fuse that goes out when the Magnetron shorts out, or goes bad. This would require replacing the Magnetron as well as the fuse.
Most likely the circuit breaker tripped or the fuse blew. A 1000 watt microwave is using 2/3 of the power available on a typical household circuit of 1500 watts. If anything else is plugged into that circuit u can have a problem. Just reset the breaker or replace the fuse and u will be up and running. if it happens alot you should consider a dedicated circuit for your microwave only.
If this has a controller that runs a microwave and an oven, then the problem F2 means a temperature related fault such as a bad temp sensor / thermostat or a defect in the control board.
If it's just a microwave, then the problem is likely a failing keypad. In many cases, those can be replaced economically.
If you repost with your exact model number (62622 is not a complete model number) then we can advise you further and more specifically.