Question about Microwave Ovens
IT SEEMS THERE IS A BLOWN FUSE IN THE UNIT. STOPPED WHEN
WARMING SOME FOOD...OTHER MICROWAVE OVENS I HAVE
OWNED EXPERIENCED SAME PROBLEM THR PROBLEM WAS A
Open by unscrewing screws on back and along left side bottom. this lets you swing up the cabinet showing the electrics. the red power line going to the timer is held in place by a metal wire holder that is riveted to the base. wire has a white sleeve between its insulation and the metal wire holder. slide wire and sleeve out to the side of the holder. slide sleeve to side along wire, revealing fuse. need a solder iron and an electronic parts store to get replacement fuse and solder it in. reassemble.
the fuse is a resistor that blows when unit is getting hot. use lower resistance fuse or just hardwire the power line straight through, no fuse, but watch for overheating (not likely) and maybe use breaker outlet
Posted on Nov 06, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 11, 2016 | Microwave Ovens
May 17, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens
Jun 09, 2010 | Whirlpool MH1150XM Convection/Microwave...
Jan 09, 2010 | Zanussi ZMB30CST Convection Microwave Oven
Mar 21, 2009 | Sharp R-7A85 Microwave Oven
Sep 24, 2008 | Panasonic NN-C980 Convection/Microwave...
Aug 28, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
May 06, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
509 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!