Question about Toshiba Gigabeat S30 MP3 Player
System file not found were do i get firmware upgrade
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
My Creative Zen mp3 player is stuck on Recovery mode , and keeps on saying filmware problem. I have tried to reset, push power button down and push play button at the same time. I also tried Clean-Up Format and reload filmware.
Nothing has worked, and I am about to throw it out the window.
Please if you can help me.
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
SOURCE: Firmware trouble
As i can see that you have tried all possible means to get the firmware issue fixed, and to a conclusion i can say that the the main chip inside the zen is not getting updated as is has gone bad and there is no possibility to get the rom chip replaced. If it is under warranty then get it replaced immediately or you can buy a new one.
Posted on Aug 03, 2008
Have you tried to load the firmware? First you'll need to download the firmware to your PC from Creative's website: Click here. After you've downloaded it, connect your Zen via USB to your PC and open the firmware icon, then click "Upgrade."
For more detailed instructions on how to troubleshoot your Zen, click here
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
SOURCE: Creative zen touch firmware help
I had the same problem with my Zen Touch.
The solution is to use a pc that was never connected to the player, uninstall media player 11 and only then upgrade the firmware.
Posted on Aug 24, 2008
To Fix any problems with broken firmware form attempted “playsforsure”
firmware updates etc where your pc finds it as a 20mb drive and it sits
in recovery mode and does bugger all:
1. Uninstall all creative software & drivers
2. Uninstall Media Player 11 and Media Player 11 runtime (will require a
reboot for each thing). This is done by going to add/remove programs and
uninstalling (this will put your pc back to wmp10).
3. Re-install the Zen Driver from the creative website and reboot (I just reloaded Media Explorer using my ZMP install CD).
4, Plug Zen in.
5, Make sure you have the firmware update ready, run it but don’t click
the language bit yet), leave the mouse hovering over your language
selection. (for ZMP, just start firmware exe file, there is no language selection. You can get the firmware update from Creative’s site, go to SUPPORT and then DOWNLOADS).
6. On the Zen- select “reload OS” (on ZMP I believe it is Erase or Reload Firmware, something like that, don’t have it in front of me).
7. As soon as it flashes up “reload new firmware now via USB” click the
8. Now the pc should find it and allow you to re-load the
firmware. (it may take a few attempts)
9. Once complete, click close and restart the pc. Everything should now
10. Once all is working, you can re-install WMP11 and it will work fine.
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 08, 2012 | Creative Labs Zen Micro MP3 Player
Dec 07, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Jul 12, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
Jun 21, 2008 | Creative Labs Zen Micro MP3 Player
Jun 03, 2008 | Creative Labs Zen Touch MP3 Player
Apr 25, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN V Plus MP3 Player
265 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!