Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Error: “HP Cue Scanning Flow component has encountered a problem and needs to be closed”.
The problem is caused by HP software not installing the file path to the scanner correctly in XP, so if you run a registry cleaner such as RegCure it will delete the file path.
OS: Windows XP.
If you encounter this error message please follow the steps below:
1. Go to registry by clicking on Start/Run then typing in regedit and hitting enter.
2. Go to HKEY_ Local_ Machine\Software\Hewlett-Packard\DigitalImaging\
3. Click on the Digital Imaging Folder and in the Right Hand Side Pane and check if the String Value “ProfileWritePath” is present and Value is set to %APPDATA%\HP\Digital Imaging\Data\Destination
4. If the Sting Value is not present right click and then click on new and then click on String Value Name it as “ProfileWritePath” and then right click on that and click on Modify and make sure that the value is set to “%APPDATA%\HP\Digital Imaging\Data\Destination” and close the registry editor.
5. Then go to My computer C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\HP\Digital Imaging\Data and check if the Destination folder is present. If not create a new folder and name it as “Destination”.
6. If you are unable to locate the Application Data folder under All users, click on Tools and then click on Folder Option. In the Folder Options Window click on the View tab and under Hidden Files and Folders make sure that “Show Hidden Files and Folders” is checked and then click on Apply and then click on OK..
7. Then Make sure that the same that the HP\Digital Imaging\Data\Destination folder is present under all user profiles Application Data folder.
8. Run Regcure and after the scan check the file/path errors and tell it to ignore the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Hewlett-Packard\digitalImaging ProfileWritePath= C:\Documents and Settings\ (whatever your file path to the destination folder is)
Now it should run flwalessly even after you run regcure.
For other registry cleaners I'm sorry but you will have to find out how to tell your cleaner not to delete the erroneous file/path error.
Graham Sept 13th 2009.
Posted on Sep 14, 2009
Hp fixed it
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2011 | HP Deskjet F340 All-In-One Printer
Dec 03, 2010 | HP DeskJet F4280 All In One Printer InkJet
If you need more help come back.Post /
thumbs / testimonial are
Nov 30, 2010 | HP Deskjet F4140 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 16, 2009 | HP Deskjet F340 All-In-One Printer
Aug 12, 2009 | HP DeskJet F380 All-In-One Printer
Jul 07, 2009 | HP Ruggedized DC Car Adapter for HP...
Mar 21, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 05, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
2,790 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!