Question about PC Desktops
Check the obvios first:
1. is your physical volume dial up? (move it all the way to right)
2. is your internal volume up: go to the system tray, click on the speaker icon and make sure volume is up and mute check mark is not on.
3. are your mixer settings rigth?: go again into the speaker icon in your system tray (where the clock is) and this time right click the speaker icon and select open volume control. check that your main volume is up and not muted and do the same with other settings like CD player, wave and others, make sure they're not muted and test your speakers.
note: if your speaker icon shows a stop sign it's probably muted (check 1 and 2 )
if your speaker icon shows a red x you may have issues with your sound adapter... keep reading:
to make sure your sound adapter is working. go to start>right click on my computer> select properties> go to hardware tab> click on device manager botton. check under sound devices and see if any of the items that appear under that category have a yellow triangle with ! sign. if that's the case your problem is driver related.. attempt the following:
1. restart your system. and check
2. uninstall the device and scan for hardware changes again to reset the driver (uninstall and reinstall the current driver) and check.
3. go into the the laptop manufactuer website and check for driver updates to your sound adapter on your laptop (make sure you get the specific one for your laptop and for the operating system your have installed).
if you see instead of the triangle with a ! sign a ? sign with no info on the device. you have no drivers or corrupted drivers for this sound adapter so you need to go and follow step 3 noted above.
let us know how your troubleshooting went!!
Posted on Oct 14, 2008
Have you done re-installation of window?
Do you have the motherboard Cd with you? Since audio driver can be easily install from there.
Otherwise google for the audio driver for your Laptop and select the appropriate one.
Let me know if bit more detail if you need further assistance.
Posted on Oct 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 21, 2012 | Toshiba PC Desktops
Sep 11, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite L645D 14 in PC Desktop
Apr 02, 2011 | Toshiba Sattelite® Pro A200 PC Desktop
May 11, 2009 | PC Desktops
May 04, 2009 | PC Desktops
Apr 04, 2009 | Toshiba Equium 100 PC Desktop
Jan 20, 2009 | PC Desktops
Apr 07, 2008 | PC Desktops
Jan 23, 2008 | PC Desktops
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!