Technics SA-DA10 jumps into overload after 10 minutes
I turn the reciever on without speakers and volume zero then after 10 min he jumps into overload . I notised that the fan starts to turn when the volume is half way up is this correct ? I would love to hear the sound out of this reciever , i just bought it from someone . Hope the expert's can help me greetings Jan Henk from Delfzijl / Holland
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Most overloads are caused by the main output devices. They will go short circuit if for example speaker wires have come into touch. Another cause is high volume or a faulty speaker. Or poor ventilation around the amp causing excess heat.
The only cure is to replace the device(s) generally located on the heat sink.
Ahh technics. Technics always had overheating problems, trust me. Every since they started, their amps would get so hot they would hurt to touch. The reason the fan is not coming on seams to be something inside the circuit board. I'm sure that technics could fix this. If the fan works out of the receiver, then it must not be the fan. ;P
I would maybe get a computer fan, and just put it on top of the receiver and turn it on, or send it in for fixing. Also, do you have to crank the volume to get the speakers to play at your volume, and does the impeadence match the receiver. Because you may be pushing the receiver too hard.
From the manual pg 27....... "The protection circuitry has functioned because the positive and negative speaker connection wires are "shorted," speaker systems with an impedance less than the indicated rated impedance of this unit are used or under severe use, such as loud volume, excessive power and in an excessively hot environment."
I have a Technics SA DA20 control receiver. I was given it by an electronics workshop and it has this same error of OVERLOAD coming into the display when switched on. I removed the plates from underneath and re-soldered as far as I could all the points along the stereo amplifier ICs and as far as access would allow. The unit then worked normally for several hours. I was very pleased, and went out shopping!. But on my return after it had been off for about an hour, the same problem has come back. But my boss at the electornics workshop thinks it it just a dry joint, or series of dry joints. The unit is complex to dismantle, so patience and care is required in taking it apart and making a note or diagram of how it comes to pieces and how to re-assemble it after the board has been re-soldered. It does not appear to be a component problem or fault with the SVI power amplifier ICs. email@example.com
Cracked solder joints due to excessive heat cycling. Do not place in a shelf system. Top MUST be open for 1 ft. or better for proper convective cooling effect. Mine suffered same fate but repaired locally.