Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Apparently that page has moved. However it is still available in the internet archive:
Suggestions from that page are:
- Check to make sure that Still Image Service is running and Startup Type is set to Automatic
- Install VueScan (alas, this software is not free)
- C:\WINDOWS\twain_32\CNQLxx (xx is the number of your scanner) should be included in the PATH environmental variable
- Re-install the earlier versions of drivers (CSU621) and ToolBox, 3.1. Follow the original Canon instructions from 2003, when Windows asks for the drivers in the setup wizard. I typed in -or browsed- to the C:\Windows\Temp\ folder and chose the old SGSU621. Once rebooted the Toolbox 'saw' the scanner and we were back in business.
- Looking in Device Manager, I saw that the driver version # was that of the WIA driver, not the TWAIN driver. I Uninstalled the driver, with the box to delete the driver from the computer checked. I then disconnected the scanner, reinstalled the TWAIN driver (just to be sure), then reconnected the scanner. Plug and Play found the "new" hardware and installed a driver for it. Checking Device Manager, the driver was now the ver# for the TWAIN driver.
Posted on Dec 16, 2015
Http://www.everythingusb.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7337 shows possible solutions.
Posted on May 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 27, 2010 | HP J3680 Officejet All In One Printer
Jan 01, 2010 | Brother MFC-5840CN All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 05, 2009 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 14, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 02, 2008 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 27, 2008 | Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 18, 2008 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
The 6180 memory device refers to the removable memory devices that can be loaded into the slots on the front of the machine, not the scanner. Your devices are configured wrong.
The scanner is a TWAIN device and therefore requires a Twain driver. Accessing Twain sources requires you to SELECT SOURCE for your scanning software.
Just un-install, re-boot, then re-install the drivers for the 6180. Make sure to allow the resident software that runs on your PC to run in the background. HP needs the "ImageMonitor" and other software to run in order to "feed" your scanning software.
Oct 15, 2007 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
94 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!