The pilot light on my gas fireplace continually goes out. My husband lights it manually and it works fine as long as its on. When it is turned off and the fan also turns off, the pilot light goes out about 5 minutes later.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Gas Fireplace pilot light continually goes out
You may have a problem with the flame sensing capillary. It may need to be replaced, or it may need to be positioned into the pilot flame better, or you may need a new gas safety valve. Sometime there is an adjustment screw for the pilot which can make the flame bigger or smaller. If will be on the safety valve.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This will depend on whether the fireplace is vented or is vent-free. Vent-free gas fireplaces are sold as a kit with the valve, burner, media (logs, glass, shapes, etc) all designed for a particular placement to work together to reduce dangerous chemicals. A vent-free burner and valve cannot have the logs removed and replaced with some other type of ceramic gas log because the exact placement of the logs is designed around the ports in the burner where the flames rise to minimize carbon created from the flames touching the logs.
If your fireplace is vented then the pull of the flue will remove dangerous fumes created by the same placement so there are no rules about re-arranging or replacing "media". If the fireplace is vented then you could use other log-placement-guides to identify the type of log and where it belongs with little worry because vented logs are designed to be able to have some adjustment anyway.
If vent-free and without a manual, an educated technician should do this for you because the BTU setting on the valve must be compared to the types of burners, port placement, size of ports, amount of ports and flame height. After this examination, someone familiar with the various hidden "tongue-and-groove" etchings in different types of gas logs can figure-out where to place the logs. They may have to test the fireplace burning once or twice to get it exactly correct but once you understand the idea of how a vent-free gas log diminishes the carbon-output of the amount of gas flowing through the burners then it is only a matter of watching the flames to see where the logs could be and comparing the size and layout of the logs to find the best fit.
behind the wall control there are 4 AA batteries that need to be replaced. you have to remove the wall control plate with a screwdriver and the batteries are tucked into the wall behind the wall switch.
ps - my husband is an electrician and he wired the fireplace but forgot that there were batteries behind there! it was me who asked for the screwdriver. ha!!
vermont casting company had filed bankruptcy, company doesnt stand behind product, just attempted to get replacement parts....company states not available....may need entire new unit....i think the better business b...needs to be notified.
Burner will not light:
Here is a couple things you can check:
1. Gas injector not insert in venturi tube.
2. Clogged gas injector
3. Obstruction in gas line.
4.Spider webs in venturi tubes.
5. Misalignment Of collector box and burner.
7.Check hose to make sure it is not kinked
8.Check Hose to make sure it wasn't chewed by squirrles
9. If it is LP gas, Could be out of gas.
Could be the way the grill was turned on and off, that also can be an issues. In your manual it will tell you how to do it proper, this could make it not light or have a low flame. If there is not hing in your manual, I will be happy to assist you.