Question about Dell Operating Systems
Trying to restore my factory setting not sure what keys to use. Tried F11 also F8 dosen't work please help!!!
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 25, 2011 | Operating Systems
Jul 17, 2011 | Operating Systems
Power off the laptop. Remove any peripheral devices such as speakers, printers or flash drives that are not necessary to this operation. Connect your laptop to power/adapter.
Very Important: Please make sure you have backed up all important data because restoring your device to factory settings will result in loss of all data and software, Though all software that came preinstalled with the computer will come back.
1. Backup your important data in external hard-drive or flash drive.
2. Shut down the computer.
3. Turn the PC back on and hit the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Option Screen appears.
4. Click "Repair Your Computer" if you are not already on it and then press ENTER
5. Choose your keyboard & language options and click OK
6. On the "System Recovery Options Screen" click "Complete PC restore" which is probably the second last option.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions
8. When prompted, click on "Full Factory Recovery"
9. Click "Next"
10. Click "Yes"
11. You may notice for a while it seems like nothing is happening, give it some time.
12. After some minutes, recovery will complete and you click "Finish".
13. Computer will restart and it will boot to desktop just fine. It might ask you to configure some settings as this is equivalent to starting a new computer.
May 15, 2011 | Operating Systems
Mar 08, 2011 | Operating Systems
Nov 27, 2010 | Operating Systems
Jan 01, 2010 | Operating Systems
Oct 28, 2009 | Dell Operating Systems
May 06, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Apr 17, 2009 | HP Operating Systems
78 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: