I have windowa media player 10, i used to be able to burn cd,s with it but now it will play cd,s but not burn ?
the message says WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER CANNOT BURN TO CD BECAUSE 1..DISK MAYBE DIRTY---DONE THAT
2..TRY DIFFERENT BRAND OF DISC--DONE THAT
3..TRY AT SLOWER SPEED------DONE THAT
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I'm going to assume you are using a Windows operating system if you are using Windows media player. Windows media player does not come with the ability to burn or rip dvds. If your computer came with a dvd burner installed it should have also come with the burning software. You need to look for software labeled "Nero" or "Roxio" or another name that alludes to the fact that it will burn your dvds for you. Most of the software is pretty user friendly and if you need help using it you can just Google the software name and what your problem is and you can usually find an answer.
Now the tricky part is getting the video to a format that will allow you to burn it to dvd AND be played through a standard dvd player.
In order for your video file to be played in a standard DVD player it will need to be encoded in the MPEG-2 format. You will need software to do this for you. An excellent program would be "DVD Flick"
LifeHacker has put out an excellent tutorial explaining how to use DVD Flick here:
Burning a Data cd on dvd on windows 7 is very easy and simple using Windows media player....
just follow the steps given below:
1) Click on the Start button
2) Click on All programs
3) Go to Windows Media player
4) Once the player is open look for the Player library and click on the Burn Tab There.
5) Once the Burn options are opened click on Data DVD or CD
6) Insert a blank cd into your cd-rom.....make sure the type of cd you are inserting is same as the option you select for burning.
7) if in case auto play box opens then close it
8) In order to make it easier, prior to starting the procedure of burning a dvd or a cd make a folder on the desktop which includes the data or the songs that you want to burn in......it makes it easier to locate a single folder rather than to search individually for an item.
9) Drag the songs you want to burn right into the middle of the player library's list pane which lies on its right side
10) for removing a certain song, right click and select remove from list
11) after your'e done with the selection, just click on the START BURN button
12)It takes a little time to burn a data disc. Make a note that data DVD is not as same as DVD video disc.
That's it and you get a whole set of songs into your cd just within a few minutes.........so get goin.!!!
Very the file you are trying to play is still there , if it is then create a new play list by allowing WMP to scan your system for playable media. If this fails or the above aint the latter then i'd suggest you uninstall WMP and reinstall it. WMP is in the control panel / add or remove components / Windows Components. You can also log in to microsoft web site and download the latese WMP and install it .
maybe somewhere a long the line, it set itune as a default when ever you want to burn.just like a printer, if you have two, the computer want to know which one you prefer. check it out to see if that is what going on.