Question about Car Audio & Video
1. turn ignition on (dash warning lights on)
2. If radio turned on, turn it off.
3. Press AS button in, and hold it in while turning radio on.
4. Wait approx 10 seconds (do not release AS button).
5. Radio should beep, and display should now read 10 - - - - (assuming no tries have been made in the past with the wrong code)
6. use pre-set button "1" to scroll the first digit in the display to the number you want (it goes 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 then back to 0)
7. Use pre-set "2" for second digit, etc.
8. Once display reads 10 followed by the four digit security code press and hold AS button for about 10 seconds, until the radio beeps.
9. If correct code entered display will now read "code" briefly, followed by"memory-U" briefly, then radio will reprogram it self.
10. If radio goes back to "safe" the code number is incorrect, or you mis-keyed it.
Note: entering the code incorrectly 10 times will render the radio useless.
After the first 3 tries you need to leave the radio on and the ignition on for increasingly long periods of time before it will let you try again. 7 safe need you to wait at least 30 mins, and more like 1 hour.
WARNING - you only have a max of 10 attempts to get it right, but if still no luck after the 8th attempt, STOP and contact a Vaux dealer.
Posted on Sep 06, 2009
i have a philips car stereo with 1 -5 buttons tape player in my 1991 ford falcon original want to no the buttons i press to be able to put the code in
Posted on Apr 11, 2010
My Seat Ibiza has been in storage with battery disconnected. On connection of the battery the Alana radio now shows '1000' (not 'SAFE', then '1000' as it has done previously. This does not allow me to enter the radio's code. Can you help me?
Posted on Apr 16, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 14, 2016 | Audi Cars & Trucks
May 05, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 20, 2010 | Car Audio & Video
Sep 11, 2010 | 1998 Volkswagen Jetta
Oct 27, 2009 | 2001 Audi A4
Aug 06, 2009 | 1987 Volkswagen Jetta
May 29, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
May 09, 2009 | Car Audio & Video
Feb 27, 2009 | 1994 Volkswagen Golf
96 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!