Question about Televison & Video
Let's try the simple ones first:
This of course would require a fair familiarity of electronic components/circuitry and safety procedures, use of a DVM and a soldering iron. It would be to your added advantage access to a service manual or at the very least a schematic diagram with voltage readings. Should you be uncomfortable performing a DIY (do-it-yourself), perhaps your best bet would then be to seek the services of a qualified professional.
If you are considering a DIY, pls post back brand and model.
Hope this be of initial help/idea. Pls post back as requested, how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kind regards. Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Oct 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 16, 2016 | Westinghouse Televison & Video
Jul 29, 2011 | Olevia LT32HVE 32 in. LCD Television
The List & Labels part of the setup lets you edit your channel list and choose or create a
personal six-character label for each channel.
Note: Changing List and Labels can be time consuming. You can change these at a later time by accessing the
1. Press the left or right arrow to scroll through the available channels and choose the
channel you want to edit.
2. Press the down arrow to highlight the In channel list option. Press the left or right arrow
button to add (the box is checked) or remove (the box is unchecked) the channel from the
3. Press the down arrow to highlight the Channel label option. Press the left or right arrow
button to scroll through the available list of 25 most common labels. The last option in
the list allows you to create your own six-character label for the channel (the first letter of
the label is highlighted).
4. Press the 1 or 2 number button to change the first letter of the label.
5. Press the right arrow to highlight the second letter, then press the 1 or 2 number button
to change the second letter, etc...
6. When you are finished creating your label, press OK. For model D34W20, your TV tunes to
the last channel available in your channel list. For models D40W20 and D52W20 only, the
Auto Convergence menu appears next.
Auto Convergence (for models D40W20 and D52W20 only)
Your TV's picture tubes might have been disturbed during delivery or after you moved the TV,
causing the color in your TV to be out of alignment. The colors adjust by starting auto
1. Press OK to begin auto convergence.
2. When the auto convergence is complete, the Red center convergence menu appears. The
cross in the middle of the screen should be yellow. If it is not, use the arrow buttons to
move the red cross to overlap the green cross. Press OK when adjustments are complete.
3. The Blue center convergence menu appears with a cyan cross in the middle of the screen. If
it is not, use the arrow buttons to move the blue cross to overlap the green cross. Press OK
(the TV tunes to the last available channel in the channel list).
Mar 16, 2011 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...
Programming channels automatically
Your TV can automatically detect all active channels and store them in
its memory. After the TV has stored the channels in its memory automatically,
you can add or erase channels manually.
To add channels automatically:
1. Press MENU, then press "left arrow" or "right arrow" button to display the SETUP menu.
2. Press "Up arrow"or "down arrow" until the TV/CABLE
selection is highlighted.
3. Press "left arrow" or "right arrow" button to highlight either
TV or CABLE, depending on which you use.
If you use an antenna, choose TV.
If you use cable, choose CABLE.
4. Press "down arrow" button until the CH PROGRAM selection is highlighted.
5. Press "left arrow" or "right arrow" button to start channel programming. The TV will automatically
cycle through all the TV or Cable channels (depending on which you
selected), and store all active channels in the channel memory.
While the TV is cycling through the channels, the message
"PROGRAMMING NOW-PLEASE WAIT" appears.
6. When channel programming is complete, the message "COMPLETED"
7. Press CH UP or DOWN button to view the programmed channels.
Dec 14, 2010 | Toshiba 26HF85 26" TV
Dec 02, 2010 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-27FS100 27" TV
Sep 01, 2009 | Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD 23 in. LCD TV
Jul 29, 2009 | Televison & Video
Mar 15, 2008 | Sanyo DVW-5000 DVD Player/VCR
31 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!