Question about Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet Printer
My Epson Stylus Photo RX585 has worked fine for about a year, but recently has started to jam. It seems to be jamming at one side, and it makes quite an alarming noise!
Each time it jams I have to open the printer and manually remove the jammed document, which is completely chewed up.
There doesn't appear to be anything caught in the printer to obstruct the paper, but I didn't want to start taking things apart to investigate fully.
Is this a common problem? And if so, how can I stop it from happening?
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Oct 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2013 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 31, 2011 | Epson Stylus Multifunction Inkjet Printer/...
Aug 18, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 06, 2010 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 29, 2009 | Epson Stylus R265 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 15, 2009 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 02, 2009 | Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 29, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 14, 2011 | Epson Stylus Photo RX600 All-In-One InkJet...
407 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: