Charger overheating and melting the tip, Irregular charging
Every time I put my laptop on charge the charger gets extremely hot and the nodule/tip that connects to the laptop is getting burnt. Also because of this I have to fiddle around with the nodule/tip to get it to charge. When it does start charging it will charge for a second then stop, then charge again and stop and so on.
What am I to do.
Your assistance will be greatly appreciated
Re: charger overheating and melting the tip, Irregular...
First, Check for damage (frays, tears, melting, or cracks in/on the insulation) on the power unit from tip to wall socket. If all looks well then I would check the voltage on the power unit by using a voltmeter. If it's within manufacturer printings on the box, then you might have a possible short.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
many thing made that happened, but the important thing is to check whether ur charger gives a 19V-21V or higher!, u can use a multimeter, or voltmeter.. if OK check if there is a space between the laptops connector nd its charging port . because the connector's metal can get hot if it's not connected as well...
The motherboard in your laptop is overheating badly if its melting chargers but more importantly its not charging at times as well. Both symptoms relate to a bad motherboard. Try getting it replaced if you can.
1. buy some transfer compound
2. replace the fan and heatsink over the compud do not spread compound with finger.
3. Reset the unit by takeing out the battery and unplugging it from AC source then after a few min. plug everything back in.
4. if that does not work you may have a overheated cpu and this would need to be repaired at this point seeing that the compd was melted off.
CHECK THE POWER OUTPUT RATING ON YOUR POWER SUPPLY AND SEE IF IT IS HIGHER THAN THE COMPUTERS POWER RATING, THIS INFO IS ON BOTH THE LABELS OF THE COMPUTER AND SUPPLY, IF ONE IS HIGHER THAN THE OTHER THAT WOULD EXPLAIN THE OVERHEAT, IF THAT IS NOT THE CASE, THEN GO TO ACERS TROUBLESHOOTERS WEBSITE OR CONTACT THEM DIRECTLY FOR HELP... JON T
all laptops heat up rapidly if u place it on a flat surface...so when u place the laptop, keep a small support( like tv remote, ac remote, folded book) anythin like that, so that there is free ventilation of air beneath the laptop....dis might solve ur problem