How do I assign caller ringtones on LG shine? When I am on the ringtone and select option it gives me 2: 1 ringtone and 2 ringtone id. When I select 2 it does not give me the option to choose a contact to assign it to, and when I select 1 it sets it as my main ringtone. Are you able to assign individual ringtones on the LG Shine?
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
unfortunately in samsung j700...doesn't provide the facility u mentioned but it allows user to assign particular ringtone and callerid for some group of contacts... the group may have 1 or more contacts so saving each contacts in each seperate group may indirectly met ur requirement
By creating groups of contacts, you can assign ringtones and caller ID photos to each group or send messages and emails to an entire group. Start by creating a group: 1. In Idle mode, press <Menu> → Phonebook → Group → <Options> → Add. 2. Enter a group name and scroll down. 3. To set the caller ID image, press the Centre key → an image category → an image. 4. To set a group ringtone, scroll down and press the Centre key → a ringtone category → a ringtone. 5. Press <Save>.
Follow the path:
(1) Menu_Contacts search for the contact you want to assign a ringtone. Select "Options", you will get a Menu containing option "Edit". Select it and you can add or edit a ringtone to the specific contact.
(2)You probably wont get option to assign ringtones, if the contact is saved to your sim. So first u got to transfer the contact to you phone memory. This is how.
Just go to Menu_Contact and search for the contact and press edit, you will get a option "Copy to phone". Select it and copy it to the phone memory. Once copied you can edit the ringtones by following the steps as in (1)
Create contact (Menu 2.3)
Use this menu to add a new contact to Phonebook.
Storing a number in the phone’s memory
1. Select Phone.
2. Change the settings or enter information about the
• First name/Last name: assign a name.
• Mobile/Home/Office/Fax/Other: add a
number in any category.
You can change the number type, or set the
number as the default for the contact by
pressing <Options> and selecting Change
type or Mark as default number.
• Email: assign an e-mail address.
• Graphic ID: assign a caller ID image to alert you to a call from the person.
• Ringtone: assign a ringtone to alert you to a
call from the person.
• Group: assign the number to a caller group.
• Birthday: enter the person’s birthday.
• Notes: add a memo about the person.
3. Press <Save> or [ ] to save the contact.
Storing a number on the SIM card
1. Select SIM.
2. Select New or Update.
3. Enter information about the contact:
• Name: assign a name.
• Phone number: add a number.
• Location: assign a location number.
4. Press <Save> or [ ] to save the contact.
Here are the step by step instructions:
0. Put your ringtones in the local folder: \Application Data\Sounds
1. Go to "Contacts"
2. Select the contact you want to add a ringtone to
3. Click "Edit" (the left soft key below the screen, it will be the one to the right of the Home key)
4. Scroll down to Custom Ring Tone
5. The ringtones you placed in the folder should be listed
To change your ringtone, try the following:
1. Press Menu
2. Goto and select settings
3. Goto and select ring styles
4. Goto and select style detail
From there you should be able to find the ringtone option and you would select that to see other ringtones to select from.
Also, your phone does have capabilities of having individual ringtones for different callers, but the contact has to be saved to the phone and not the sim.
To change the contact from sim to phone, try this:
1. Goto Menu
2. Goto and select Phonebook
3. Goto the contact you want to save to the phone and press menu
4. Goto and select edit
5. In edit, there should be a option saying, "Stored", if it's saved to the sim, it will say sim, select edit or press left/right and it will change it from sim to phone.
6. When saved to phone, some options should appear. One of them is ringer id.
7. Select edit on ringer id and that's where you'd select the ringtone to use for that contact.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Let me know how it works out. thanks.