Question about Computers & Internet
First connect your computer to the WRT54G ONLY
1. Press the reset button on the back of the router for 15 seconds.
2. Power off the router. Wait for 10 seconds then power it back on.
3. Open the internet explorer browser ( page cannot be displayed will appear)
4. Click on the address bar and type in 192.168.1.1
5. It will ask for a username and password
6. Dont put anything in username and in password put in admin
7. In the middle of the first page you will see router or local IP
8. Change it from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.2.1
9. Click save settings.
10. Connect the Westell to the internet port of the linksys router.
11. Turn off then turn on the router after 10 seconds
12. Restart your computer.
13. Open the internet explorer browser
14.Click on the address bar and type in 192.168.2.1
15. Put in admin again
16. Go to the status tab. If you have an IP address under internet then internet should be working. if they are all 0's then proceed.
17. Go to the setup tab. On the first drop down box change it to PPPoE from Automatic Configuration
18. Put in the username and password that you have for your internet provider. make sure that it is in the email format something like XXX@verizon.net or XXX@att.net or something like that.
19. Click save settings.
20. Go to the status tab then click connect.
21. Once connected internet should be working.
You can also call 18003267114 which is linksys support and have them help you
I hope this has answered your question sufficiently. If you have more questions please post a reply and i would be happy to assist. Thanks.
Posted on Oct 12, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 22, 2014 | Linksys Computers & Internet
Apr 11, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Mar 22, 2011 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Jan 13, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Oct 18, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Sep 30, 2009 | Linksys VOIP VONAGE PHONE ADPTR 2-PORT...
Apr 10, 2009 | Westell Wirespeed LiteLine 6110 Modem
Mar 15, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Dec 20, 2008 | Computers & Internet
May 21, 2008 | Westell Wirespeed LiteLine 6100...
Feb 22, 2017 | Option Computers & Internet
283 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!