I unable to burn dvd with dvd writer.The dvd writer is able to read and copy files but is unable to burn and indicates a error.This happen with any software burning applications ie nero, ashampoo & dvdfab.I have reformatted and reinstalled Windows Xp to the computer and have only installed the necessary video and audio drivers and nero .This should eliminate the promblem being caused by a virus or software conflicts.
Could the promblem be caused by a defective dvd writer or motherboard?
How would I determine which one is the promblem?
I have come across this quiet abit. U could try updating the firmware but I would say that the lazer is past its best. I presum it still read the cds fine? I would suggest getting another drive if firmware update doesnt work
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Usually, you need software to read an 'ISO' disk-image file, and to decode the file, and to burn to a CD/DVD,
e.g., "AShampoo Burning Edition 6" is a free download from http://www.MajorGeeks.com that will do the task.
Click Control Panel
Click Classic View
Click Device Manager
Select and expand the CD/DVD branch of the tree.
Double-click the CD/DVD drive.
Click Details to dislay the name/model of the device.
First copy all files from your cam to your harddrive.
Locate the files and use a program like NERO Burn, that supports DVD Writer and you should be set. Ifyou dont want to buy NERO, you could search Google for a freware burner software that will do the same.
IF you Win Vista, you can burn DVD's by right clicking the file and then Select " Send to" and DVD
we may need more details but you can try this for now
1. are you sure you have a cd writer or a dvd writer (writer = burner)--- check the front edge of your cd/dvd unit and look for words like "writer" "burner" or writeable next to the word dvd or compact disc... keep in mind not all cd/dvd writer can write (burn) cd or dvds, some may burn cd but not dvds.
2. is your cd/dvd unit compatible with the media (cd or dvd blank disk) you are trying to use.. depending your cd/dvd especifications your dvd/cd drive is compatible with certain types of cd or dvds that are writeable.
3. is the cd/dvd a writeable cd/dvd and is compatible with your cd/dvd drive? for instance.. if you are using a blank dvd and your cd/dvd drive only burn cd/s and read dvd and cd you won't be able to write to the blank dvd.
4. are you trying to burn a dvd in a corporate computer.?? as a user (not an administrator) of your corporate computer you may not have priviledges that will allow them to burn dvd/cd's even you your drive and your media are compatible.
the error that you get
the brand and model of the computer you're using
the type of media you're using