Question about ValuSoft Hard Truck: 18 Wheels of Steel for Windows
The game was released back in 2002, that means it was designed for older versions of Windows OS (Windows 98/ME/XP). The updates for the game do not have any patches for the installation to be compatible to the new Windows Vista OS as they were released on November, 21st 2002 aslo that patches resolve functionality issues after the game is successfully installed.
Some game ".exe" file (executeable file) would let you make changes in the Compatibility option, whereas older games might not give that option at all.
You can still try to make the game compatible for installing it on the Windows Vista by following the steps below.
1. Insert the game disc in your CD-ROM drive, if the game setup or the autorun starts, exit it.
2. Open "Computer", Right Click the Cd Drive which has the game disk in it and select "Copy".
3. Go to your "Desktop" right click and then select "New" and click on "Folder" this should create a new folder on your desktop.
4. Open the New Folder and then Right Click and select "Paste".
6. After all the files are copied to the "New Folder" without any error messages then locate the file "Setup.exe" or "Setup" and right click and click on "Properties".
7. In the new window click on the "Compatibility" tab and run the program in compatibility mode for "Windows XP Service Pack 2" and then click on "Apply".
8. After applying changes double click on "Setup.exe" or "Setup" to launch the installation.
You can delete all the files copied from the CD after completing the installation
The game files need to be copied to the hard drive because the files on the game disk would not let you make changes while on the disk.
There are lot of files that need to be changed in order to get full functionality and to communicate with operating system and the hardware, hence there is no guarantee that the game might run even in cases where you will successfully install an older version of the game with the above mentioned steps.
The same set of steps can be used for installation of older games installation on Windows Vista.
Posted on Oct 22, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 16, 2012 | Eidos Interactive Infernal for Windows
Jun 13, 2011 | Strategy First 8001 Entente: Wwi...
Apr 07, 2011 | Ubi Soft Assassins Creed: Brotherhood -...
Aug 29, 2010 | 2K Games Joint Task Force for Windows
Jun 13, 2010 | Ubi Soft Entertainment Shadow Company:...
May 08, 2010 | Sierra Online, Inc. Lighthouse: The Dark...
Sep 07, 2009 | Great Battles of Rome for Windows
Aug 03, 2009 | Microsoft Age of Empires III: Gold Edition...
Apr 10, 2009 | EA - Electronic Arts The Sims Double...
1,360 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: