Hi, I have used my genius videocam messenger, on windows vista, perfectly, but now I dont get any image. I uninstall the driver and install it again, but no image just a black screen. I have used the vista driver. Any help apreciated
i want to re-install it but i have lost my CD rom
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try restarting the computer with the device unplugged, and then when you are in Windows and everything has loaded, plug your Web Cam into a "different" USB port than you originally had it plugged into.
Double Click on this site http://www.free-codecs.com/download/AMCap.htm
to download the Free AMCAP Video Capture Program.
AMCap is a small yet fully
functional video capture application compatible with Microsoft DirectShow. It
is based on the sample AMCap from the Microsoft DirectX 9 SDK. AMCap supports
still captures to BMP, JPEG and PNG formats and it remembers your Video Input,
Video Standard and Video size settings from previous session. It has some nice
features like multimonitoring support, zooming, aspect ratio and deinterlacing
AMCap is a small and effictive piece of software and definitely worth trying.
this will help.Bud
This is how I got the VideoCam Messenger to work on a computer running Windows 7 (32-bit):
VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!!!: DO NOT restart your computer at any point until the very end of these steps.
1. Plug in the webcam.
2. Windows will install their weird Sonix driver from 1994 automatically.
3. The most crucial part: Click "Devices" in the Windows Control Panel. Click on the USB Camera (whatever the webcam is called)... then you need to go to the "Properties" until you can UNINSTALL the driver that Windows automatically installed. I think you have to click Properties twice to be able to get to a place where it lets you uninstall the driver.
4. DO NOT restart.
5. Download this: http://download.geniusnet.com/webcam/VCMessenger_V.zip (Incase the link is broken, this is directly from the GeniusNet website and it's called "VideoCAM Messenger Driver for Win 7 / vista 32 bit")
6. Install this completely, but DO NOT restart. (Also, make sure you click "Install this anyway" when it asks you about being an unsigned driver.)
7. After you do that and you DO NOT restart, it will automatically come up with a screen that shows Windows installing the driver, but this time it's installing the actual driver from the software you downloaded in step 4.
You may now restart your computer if you want.
If you do these steps correctly, I guarantee you will have your VideoCam Messenger webcam working.