Question about Panasonic CF18DJAMXKM Notebook
My toughbook will run on battery power but not when the AC cord is connected... With the battery fully discharged it won't power up,and I get an amber "battery charging"light for a few minutes and then it either changes to flashing red or goes out completely. The power cord works on another laptp just fine. Does this indicate a bad power jack? If so, how difficult is this to fix on this model of toughbook?? Thanks, Dave
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 13, 2017 | Panasonic Toughbook 18 CF-18NDHZX-VM...
Sep 08, 2011 | Panasonic Toughbook 18 CF-18NDHZX-VM...
Symptoms of a broken power jack
1. If you wiggle the power cord or the AC Adapter connector on the back of the laptop, the power LED and battery charge LED start to flicker.
2. Battery will not charge in the laptop.
3. Laptop runs fine off a charged battery.
4. With the AC Adapter connected the laptop appears to be dead.
No power LED or battery charge LED activity.
5. Laptop randomly powers off without any warning.
If your laptop is out of warranty, then you can fix the problem by re-soldering DC-IN jack on the system board. If it
Jan 29, 2011 | Panasonic Computers & Internet
Jan 10, 2010 | Panasonic Toughbook 50 Notebook
Jan 09, 2010 | Panasonic TOUGHBOOK CF-18 Tablet PC
Oct 29, 2009 | Panasonic Toughbook 48 Notebook
Jul 10, 2009 | Panasonic Toughbook 19 Laptop Convertible...
Dec 23, 2008 | Panasonic Toughbook CF-73 Notebook
Aug 27, 2008 | Panasonic TOUGHBOOK CF-18 Tablet PC
Dec 27, 2008 | Panasonic CF18DJAMXKM Notebook
224 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: