My Whirlpool LG washing machine (4years old) is not washing light clothes clean at all in areas with concentrated stain like collar and sleeves. Is it time to replace the washing machine or I need to change the washing product am using? Any suggestions please help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It's hard to tell by your description of the problem, but it sounds like it could be the timer If it's not running while in spin mode, or as simple as a belt if it's running and not spinning fast enough.
The Whirlpool Ultimate Care II washing machine is atop-loading clothes washer. The washer has several cycles to choose from,including cycles for washing normal clothes, permanent press items, delicateand items marked "Hand Wash." To do its job, thewashing machine relies on an agitator, located in the center of the wash tub.The agitator rotates during the wash cycle, moving the clothes around the washtub so that they are cleaned equally. If the agitator is broken, it will notsufficiently agitate the clothes and must be replaced.
·1 Unplug the washing machine from the wall outlet or turn off the power supplyin your service panel.
· 2 Open thewashing machine lid and remove any clothes remaining inside.
· 3 Remove thefabric softener cup by squeezing the bottom lip of the cup and lifting itstraight off.
· 4 Pry theagitator cap off of the top of the agitator with a flat-head screwdriver.
· 5 Remove thebolt at the bottom of the agitator, using the socket wrench with extension, andthen remove the agitator from the washing machine. Tip the agitator to removethe bolt and washer.
· 6 Install thenew agitator onto the drive shaft.
· 7 Secure thenew agitator with the bolt that you originally removed.
· 8 Press theagitator cap and fabric softener cup back into position on top of the newagitator.
· 9 Restore powerto the washing machine to complete the repair.
Don't pause the cycle mid cycle. The machine uses the amount of water it needs to clean the amount of clothes that are in the tub. If you pause it after the first 7 or 8 minutes, you're already past the sensing part of the cycle and likely you won't get more water for the additional clothes.
Also, the clothes don't need to be soaking wet or wet enough to wring out. These new HE machines mix the detergent with water and then spray that detergent solution onto your clothes. Then the clothes against clothes rubbing with that solution already coating the clothes is how the machines clean better! It is a very similar process to when you pretreat your clothes with Shout of Spray and Wash. You spray the clothes and then rub the short against itself. Now the Whirlpool machines are doing this for you!
The newer Whirlpool top-loaders have lint screens on the inner tub and not accessible. These are supposed to self-clean during the drain cycle. I've heard that liquid fabric softener and detergent build-up may clog the screens when lint sticks to the gooey screens. Try something that will cut the goo like vinegar or ammonia in a small load level without clothes. Without clothes in the washer, that is.
Older Whirlpool washers have lint filters located above the tub, on the lid opening.
Open the machine and remove the drain pump. Clean out any debris and try again.
Remove the front panel.
The pump should be directly in front of you. Open it and clean it.
This procedure will have to be done occasionally.
Look in the area where you place the clothes. in the back area about the 2o'clock posistion there is a small hole. usually this hole which recirculates the water becomes clogged with lint. If there is n othing there, you could have a pump failure,and it is not letting the water get back onto the clothes.