Question about Sharp R-1610 Microwave Oven
I was cleaning the microwave and removed the plastic vent cover on top front.
some plastic was broken and I thought it might have fallen behind control panel. Removed screw holding on panel and looked behind and saw nothing.
put panel back and carosel started by itself. then light came on and exhaust fan. nothing else on panel works, and can't turn off the carosel,light or fan.
checked fuse under panel and it was ok. Since I wasn't touching anything inside I didn't power off first.
any suggestions ? shoul we just give up and replace it. it was working fine before.
thanks in advance
Did you unplug any wires when you took it apart?
Otherwise, I would think one or more of the connectors got unplugged when you removed the control panel.
Another thing that can happen on these models is a broken tab on the switch holder, allowing the switch to rotate just out of position. This tab can be hard to see, since it is under thebottom edge of the switch. It's usually the top door switch.
You can find the wiring diagram at our site here.
After you look into this, if you still need help, please write back with more details.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Oct 13, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 03, 2016 | Sharp Microwave Ovens
Jan 09, 2013 | Sharp Microwave Ovens
Hello - This may or may not be specifically for your model, however these are generics instructions that I found.
To replace the light bulb to the over the range microwave you will need to follow the steps below:
1. To replace light bulb, first disconnect power to the microwave oven at the circuit breaker panel or by unplugging.
2. Remove the vent grill mounting screws.
3. Pull the vent grill away from the unit.
4. Remove the charcoal filter by pushing it inwards, then turn and pull it away from the unit.
5. Open light cover located behind filter mounting by carefully pulling up on the front edge.
6. Remove old light bulb and replace only with equivalent 30 watt bulb available from part distributor. Bulbs are also available at most hardware stores or lighting centers.
7. Replacing the microwave oven light cover by carefully pushing into place. Replace the charcoal filter. Push the vent grill back into place (engaging both the bottom and top tabs) and replace the vent grill mounting screws.
Note: DO NOT USE BULB LARGER THAN 30 WATTS.
Oct 27, 2012 | Frigidaire FMV152K Microwave Oven
Aug 15, 2012 | Samsung SMH9187 Microwave Oven
May 25, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1540 Microwave Oven
Oct 23, 2008 | Samsung 1.8 Cu. Ft. Over-the-Range...
Oct 21, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Sep 13, 2008 | Sharp Microwave Ovens
Sep 03, 2008 | GE Advantium 120 Convection/Microwave Oven
108 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!