The plastic "flapper" on the bottom of the dust bin is broken on my purple DC07 Animal. Can you buy just the flapper or do you have to buy the whole dust bin assembly? Do you have any suggestions on where to buy it?
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It you have the ball. Look on the side and you will see two small cut outs. Just screw it off and you will see the filter also there one on top of the The trash Collector. If you have the older model. Remove the trash collector and pop up the flat base under it. Wash the filters with warm water and let dry for 24 hours.
There is a lever that has a hook on the end that holds the door in the bottom of the dirt cup closed. If the little plastic hook gets broken the trap door will not stay closed by itself. The easiest way to fix this is to purchase a new dust bin. I have a bunch of them in my vacuum graveyard. You may call my store at 260 244-4696.
Hi, Thankyou for using FixYa, We love to fix things.
Hi your version of the Dyson is the Animal if its purple.
Right, here we go.
1. Firstly you have to detach the cyclone from the main spine, as you would when you wish to take it off to empty it. So you now have the Cyclone and the clear plastic bin in your hand.
2 Next we need to empty the clear plastic bin, just do this as you normally would by pulling the little Silver lever which is underneath the handle. The handle i am refering to says Dyson on it, curved shape. This releases the bin flap and lets any debris fall out. So you now have the cyclone and the bin with the bin flap open.
3. to seperate the Clear bin from the cyclone the bin flap must be open. At the top of the bin and the bottom of the cyclone at the front (directly down from the handle) you will see a purple lever attached to the cyclone and a clear handle on the bin itself. Simply push the purple lever upwards and the bin will seperate from the cyclone.
4. You will now have access to the cyclone.
5. To clean the cyclone properly i would suggest you powerwash it completly. You can also clean inside the cyclone as well as cleaning the wee holes at the top of it.
6. I would then recommend you use a germ killer such as mild bleach on the cyclone. rinse then let dry before using. Do not let water get into the Dyson motor as this will damage it.
7. You can also clean the bin using a pwer washer and bleach or Mr Muscle etc.
8. Simply re-attache the bin to the cyclone. It just clicks back in.
Yes, remove the dust bin and set it aside. Using a small screw driver gently pry on the lid that the dust bin sits on. you'll see little holes to insert a screw driver and pry back on the lid. Start on one side and pry at the three points to insert a screw driver and then remove the lid and replace the HEPA filter with a new one from EBay, local vacuum store, Dyson direct, etc. That filter is not washable.
IS THE BASE OF THE WASTE BIN ATTACHED OR HAS IT SNAPPED OFF?THE BASE OF THE WASTE BIN JUST CLIPS BACK ON THE ONE END SO THAT IT CAN SWING.IF HOWEVER THE BASE IS ATTACHED BUT WONT STAY SHUT OR LOCK THEN ITS POSSIBLE THE LATCH INSIDE THE CYCLONE HAS SNAPPED OFF.IF ANY " DIRT CHEAP " ( EXCUSE THE PUNN )SPARE PARTS AR REQUIRED THEN PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME DIRECT: DYSONLOGISTICS@AOL.COM
if your bin opens from the bottom, you need that open to open the clip on the frount of the bin. i only discovered this by accident when i was emptying mine -i knocked it on the sde of my wheelie bin and it dropped off :-) hope this helps.