My Rhino 120 dies after about 1/2 hour, fully drains the batteries(I can watch the batteries indicator drain before my eyes). The unit also warms up and the display and surrounding areas get pretty warm. Never in or near water, no impact damage. What is the problem?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Batteries die quickly - unit gets hot
You may have a bad or shorted battery pack. You might try replacing it to see if the problem goes away. It would be normal, while charging for a battery to get warm. But not hot. Rechargeable batteries have a life expectancy of 18-24 months.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
try letting the battery completely die and recharge it. Do this 2 or 3 times. Sometimes "topping up" a partially charged battery puts a memory into the battery and it wont allow you to do full charge.. I let my Nokia get to its last legs before replacing the battery with a spare and then fully charge the other one. Both batteries are now at least 6 years old.. Yes , its an old phone...
It depends, if you are using regular Alkaline batteries, those are known to go dead really fast. Better if you try some rechargeable batteries with a rating of at least 2100mAh, anything smaller than that will drain just as quick as Alkalines.
Toshiba's line of Satellite PC laptops offers a variety of screen s that are customizable when ordered online. The laptops offer built-in webcams and backlit keyboards. Most Toshiba Satellite laptops use six-cell lithium-ion batteries that can last up to six hours. To reach that six-hour mark, you can use several tricks to maximize your battery's capacity.
Charge your battery completely before its first use. Check your user manual for the exact charging time required, which is typically at least 12 hours. Discharge your battery completely every two months. Allow it to drain fully before recharging it. Recharge it completely, for at least 12 hours before using it again. Remove CDs and DVDs from your laptop's drive when not in use. These drives spin when loaded, which can drain your battery unnecessarily. Set your laptop to hibernate mode when you need to take a break. This conserves more power than standby. Store your laptop battery in a cool place. Never let the battery sit in direct sunlight or leave it in your car on a hot day. For even longer battery life, remove the battery from the laptop which can get hot while in use when you are plugged in. Turn off your Wi-Fi connection when not in use. Constantly searching for a Wi-Fi connection can drain your battery faster. Work in only one program at a time. The more programs you have open, the faster your battery will drain. Unplug any USB devices, especially those that charge when plugged in, such as your cellphone. These will drain your battery quickly. Dim your Satellite's screen to conserve battery. Hold down your "Fn" key and tap "F6" several times to dim the screen. The "F6" key should show an open circle with small lines radiating out, to symbolize a dim display.
Without more information I'd head straight for the batteries. Some cheap rechargeable batteries don't last long and if they are old they could get to the stage of dying. Something nimh Batteries do well is die very quickly. if they are reasonably new it's possible for just one cell to die which would stop current from flowing from the others. Try a new set of high drain alkaline camera batteries and try them. if all works normally then buy a couple of sets of rechargeables. Make sure they are good quality, not cheap and nasty.
Usually it is recommended that you leave it plugged in to charge a minimum of 12 hours before you even use it. Then, once you unplug it to use it, keep it completely unplugged and use it until it dies completely and shuts itself off. Then, and ONLY then, plug it back in and charge it again for a minimum of 8 to 12 hours and do not use it while it is charging! Once you've passed the 8-12 hours, you can unplug it again and start using it again. After you do that, you should be able to use it for a few days before it dies and you will have given the battery a "memory". After that, you don't really need to have it plugged in more than a few hours to fully charge after being drained. It's always best to let the batteries fully drain and shut off before plugging back in to preserve it's life.
It is normal for a two-way radio to generate some heat, especially during extended periods of long talk time.Consumer two-way radios tend to be much more susceptible to this because they tend to be constructed out of materials that do not dissipate heat very efficiently, such as polycarbonate and plastic.Periods of heavy transmit times also use additional power, causing the radio’s batteries to run down more quickly and require replacement or recharge.Use of the display backlight feature can generate additional heat and run the unit out of battery power even more quickly.
If the radio is heating up excessively and burning through batteries (pardon the pun) in situations where you are not using the LCD backlight excessively or transmitting for long periods of time, this may be indicative of a problem with the unit that would require service, such as a short or defective component.If such is the case, I would recommend contacting the manufacturer.