- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I understand that you are receiving a burning rubber smell from your Frigidaire microwave. I also see that your appliance will run for a couple of seconds, and then you hear a weird noise, followed by a burning rubber smell. I suggest contacting your local authorized technician, especially when dealing with your microwave. They will be able to diagnose your appliance and determine what is causing that sound as well as the burning rubber smell. Hope this is helpful.
the magnetron the unit has gone bad.sometimes there is burning smell as u mentioned.it is little expensive repair arond $ 150.00.find out the price of new unit plus iistallation/delivery chg and then make a decision.
First try cleaning the burned mark off. Dip a scrubber in lemon juice and sprinkle salt on it; this is also great for burned coffee pots. The smell can be gotten rid of this way: Boil lemon peel in water, then put the water in a spray bottle. Not only will it make your microwave smell fresh but the lemon oil will make it easier to clean. If it still smells of burning rubber, take the back off and inspect the wiring. IF you see burned wiring, please do yourself a favor and replace the microwave!
Microwaves work by making the molecules in food get "excited"-they move more-meaning, if there IS rubber burning, then there will be minute molecules of rubber in your food, which is BAD for your immune system. If it's just burned chocolate, though, it is harmless unless you are allergic.
A LOUD ticking sound could very well be a High Voltage Arc. This is usually caused by a breakdown of insulation on High Voltage Wires, or components. It can also be arcing between the door frame and the cavity. Usually where the bottom of the cavity floor meets the door frame. Indication of this will be small areas on the door where it looks like the paint has been chipped off, but if you look close you will see it is small burned marks. Another area is the Splatter Shield located inside and at the top. It looks like a Plastic Cover. It is not plastic, but a fiber material. Grease, and food will get trapped on and under this Splatter Shield. Over a period of time the grease and food particles will break down from being cooked over and over again. They will then form Carbon. Which will Arc when Microwaves are present. Remove Push-Pins holding Splatter Shield. Clean by washing with dish detergent . If burned (arc) spots are still present after washing, replace Splatter Shield or arcing will continue. Once Carbon has burned through, it will continue to burn.