I believe your PS2 is extremely dirty and full of dust and lint. It needs to be opened up and cleaned out throughly.
I hope your in the right posting area, this is for the Phat PS2 consoles with the drawer that comes out to put the CD in. Procedure is different for Slim PS2.
- Disconnect power and turn the case upside down.
- Remove the screw covers to expose the case screws. These are little square pieces or square rubber pads. You can use a thin knife blade to pry the hard plastic squares up.
- Remove all the screws.
- Remove the Warranty sticker to the right edge of the power socket.
- Turn the PS2 over to set it right side up.
- lift the top cover from the back and pull it forward slightly to clear the CD tray. Be careful of a possibly Ribbon cable attached to the lid going to the Reset/Eject buttons. Roll the cover over to the right leaving the ribbon intact.
- Remove the CD tray lid.
- Polish the Laser lens, and remove any lint or hair from the CD area. Use Alcohol and cotton swabs to clean the laser lens. By the way, Alcohol will damage a PS2 Slim lens. All lens are not created equally.
- Hook up the power and A/v Cables.
- Remove the little white disc from the CD tray lid.
- Place a Disc on the spindle, and cap the disc with the little white piece that you removed from the CD tray cover.
- Boot up the PS2 and test it, Continue cleaning until you get it to work.
- Put it back together, and you’re in business.
If you have trouble you can send your PS2 to a Repair shop. Click on "Repair Directory" at the bottom of this screen. then choose "Video Game Consoles". Then you pick a Good Repair shop. My shop is listed, but I cannot divulge the name in this forum. Cost will be $25 plus shipping. Shipping is usually $8.95 to the USA