Question about Canon i-SENSYS MF4140 All-In-One Laser Printer
Refer to the cd or service manual maybe theres a link the can help you on updating firmware!
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 19, 2014 | Brother MFC 7860DW - Multifunction fax /...
Mar 10, 2014 | Brother MFC-J4510DW All-in-One Inkjet...
Dec 13, 2010 | Brother MFC 6800 All-In-One Laser Printer
STEP 1: Verify the firmware version of your Brother machine:
a. Press the OK key 2 times.
b. Press the UP ARROW (+) key 5 times.
c. Press the OK key 2 times.
The firmware version will be displayed on the LCD.
- If the firmware version is 1.01 or 1.02, go to STEP 2: Update the firmware of your Brother machine.
- If the firmware version is 1.08 or above, go to STEP 4: Toner usage and yields.
STEP 2: Update the firmware of your Brother machine:
A firmware update tool is available that will allow you to update your Brother machine with the most recent version firmware by downloading updates over the Internet. The updated firmware will assist in optimizing toner usage.
The Brother printer driver must be installed and working properly prior to the update of the Brother machine. The firmware update tool also requires that you have Java installed on your computer. The firmware update tool will not work if Java is not installed. If you do not have Java installed or are not sure if it is installed on your computer, you may download Java from http://www.java.com.
To update the firmware, follow the instructions listed below:
DO NOT interrupt the process or turn off the machine once the update has begun. Doing so may corrupt the memory on the machine and may require the machine to be serviced in order to correct the issue.
1. Open an Internet web browser and go to http://welcome.solutions.brother.com
2. Select your country and language.
3. Type in the model of your machine or select it from the appropriate section (Ex: HL3070CW in the Color Printer section).
4. Select Downloads.
5. Select your OS and language for step 1 and 2 on the web site. Click the Search button.
6. The Firmware Update Tool will be listed at the bottom of the web page. Click Information & Download.
7. Click the Download button and I Accept if you accept the license agreement.
8. A dialog box appears with options for Run, Save, or Cancel. Select Run. You may also download the firmware update tool for later use by selecting Save.
Nov 01, 2010 | Brother MFC-685cw InkJet Printer
Aug 20, 2010 | Brother MFC 420CN All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 01, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Jul 12, 2008 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 16, 2007 | Brother MultiFunction Center MFC-440CN...
Oct 24, 2006 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
651 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!