Question about Air Tools & Compressors

2 Answers

Sanborn air compressor parts needed

I need to find a connecting rod for my Sanborn air compressor likely manufactured in the 80's. I have been told by Coleman & MAT (the company that took over Sanborn) that the part is obsolete. Does anyone know of a company that might still have some stock of older parts for Sanborn. Specifically, I need a connecting rod part# 047-0008. It is out of a 3 hp (electric) two cylinder upright pump. Any help much appreciated. There are no Sanborn numbers listed on the compressor/tank itself so I don't have any model numbers

Posted by on

  • Brian Moran Apr 24, 2009

    i have a black max 5 gallon compressor i also need a conecting rod

    any ideas

  • david mcclellan
    david mcclellan May 11, 2010

    Sorry I do not need any clarification but, I didn't know how else to contact you. You see I have kind of have the same problem. Except I need a whole rebuild kit for my compressor. The problem I have though is I only have a pump, with no brand identification on it anywhere. I do have a lot of part numbers, Cylinder head #050-0008, Piston rod #047-0008, Front bearing carrier #045-0010 Flywheel #047-0013.
    I have been searching for a while now and just happened across your post. I was hoping that these numbers might be similar to yours. Which would help to convince me not to make this thing a boat anchor. Or if I am unable to locate a rebuild kit it might give you a good rod. At worst with two people looking for parts (if I have the same pump) it will increase your odds of finding parts you might need.

    My email is

    I have pictures up at

    Thanks for any help



2 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer -
they have sanborn parts

Posted on Dec 12, 2009

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 65 Answers

Although i dont know the coleman type of unit you speak of but many companies badge engineered compressors that were made in italy by Fiac and that i would look out for a different manufacturer with the same pump hope that i have been of some help suggest you try ingersol rand first

Posted on Dec 03, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I need the owners manual for a Sanborn silver bullet 5 hp air compresson

Please contact the manufacturer of the product for the manual, we do not have it here.

Mar 28, 2017 | HP Air Tools & Compressors

1 Answer

Where do I buy a Piston connecting rod for Durabuilt compressor 6 Gal mo# DPO200604 con/rod/116mm length

only place will be from the compressor manufacturer
durabuilt will be the assembled unit but the compressor is made by some one else
you will have to identify the maker of the compressor to have any chance of getting a rod
makers leave a casting sign on the crankcase of the compressor or even a brand name
you could try a retailer for the compressor and find a service center for repairs and get the rod from that angle
breaking rods or needing rods for compressors is very unusual and one possible cause of a rod problem is excessive pressure being generated ( 150 psi or more )

Nov 21, 2016 | Air Tools & Compressors

1 Answer

Can I use another Central Pneumatic pump on my 61490 air compressor?

sure harbor freight tools sells new air compressor pumps, just be sure new one matches the R.P.M of the motor or I may damage it if it turns too fast of may not make enough air if it goes to slow , also be aware if belt pulley changes its diameter then pump speed will also change

Dec 05, 2015 | Air Tools & Compressors

1 Answer

How to change oil in sandborn compressor?

Coleman/Sanborn Compressor Owners Manuals - Air ...
Coleman/Sanborn Compressor Owners Manuals. Download to your computer and keep it handy. - Air compressor parts for most makes and models of air ...

Sep 12, 2015 | Air Tools & Compressors

1 Answer

Looking for manual for sanborn B51-A24-80V1 model

PDF]Sanborn Black Max 5hp Air Compressor Manual B51 A24 80 1
Jul 16, 2015 - Sanborn Black Max 5hp Air Compressor Manual B51 A24 80 1 ... Black Max Portable Air Compressor - 5 gallon Item #: 81527 ' Model #: BS0880504 ...Compressor Manual: $4.95: Buy Now: B51-AT24-80V,B51-A24-80V1.

Aug 28, 2015 | Air Tools & Compressors

1 Answer

Sanborn Blackmax B3511 The part that has the gauge on it. This part is a black square about 1.5" square. Off of it is the handle to turn the air off and the hose connects to it. The black square is...

i assume your are talking about the pressure regulator. if it won't adjust to raise and lower the outlet pressure it is broke. you will have to replace it with an in kind type.

Aug 31, 2010 | Hitachi EC12 Portable Electric 2hp Air...

2 Answers

I have a Sanborn Black Max 22 gal. compressor Mod#B109BLR300-22SWC. The motor is a Magnetic/Century 3 H.P. 115v Model 8-165730-20 Ser# BF-532 15A-7.5 RPM 3450. It is missing the run and start capacitors....

Sanborn/Coleman was bought out by MAT Solutions. A website I found lists Sanborn/Coleman compressors and parts but it does not show your model number. It does say, however, to email them with your model number and they will be able to find your parts for you. I have included the link for you here:

Sep 10, 2009 | Air Tools & Compressors

1 Answer

Sanborn 34A50 air compressor will not shut off.

look in the box where the wires go in and see if ther is an ajustment screw if n ot replace that box it is the pressure switch

Jun 30, 2009 | Hitachi EC12 Portable Electric 2hp Air...

2 Answers

Need connecting rod for Sanborn type ''143'' air compressor pump

if you cant find the part ,just get a new compressor that is about the same as the old one.Not a complete unit,just the compressor.Northern tools sells many types of replacement units

Dec 14, 2008 | Air Tools & Compressors

Not finding what you are looking for?
Air Tools & Compressors Logo

Related Topics:

2,362 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Air Tools & Compressors Experts

John Trevino

Level 3 Expert

1388 Answers

Joe Garcia
Joe Garcia

Level 2 Expert

205 Answers

Brad Brown

Level 3 Expert

16174 Answers

Are you an Air Tool and Compressor Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides