Question about Nikon LS 2000 Film Scanner
I recently added a SF-200 loader to my operational LS-2000. The first scan indicated a "problem" scanning. I changed back to my single slide adapter and now the error from my Nikon Scan 3.1 software (SCSI installed unit) is:
Nikon Scan Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
I have checked & rechecked cables and startup procedure/sequencing...same results.
I am suspecting that the scanner "bulb" may have blown but I do not know how to verify this... or whether that may be the problem at all.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You need to check that the ASPI drivers are loaded, otherwise it will not work. The LS-2000 works with Adaptec ASPI v4.71. These drivers do not come with the Nikon product.
Posted on Aug 07, 2008
sounds to me the device drivers are corrupt. uninstall the audio drivers from
start/control panel/ ad,remove programs directory.
also check to see if it removes it totally from the parent file. ie the c/program files/ hdaudio*
reinstall it using start/controlpanel/system/hardware/
scan for hardware changes first and install
Posted on Apr 26, 2009
Not only Uninstalling & Reinstalling the McAfee Program would help, because usually you'd get this Error During the Installation. The Reason for this Error is because of the Windows Update (McAfee is Disigned on the Windows Platform).
Things that Needs to be checked here are:
1. Update Windows:
- Open IE (Internet Explorer).
- Click on the TOOLS or SAFETY (If the IE version is IE v.8).
- Select Windows Update.
- Ensure that All Windows Updates are Installed on the Computer.
2. Installing MSXML 3 & 4:
- Check if you already have MSXMLs installed on your Computer by going to START >> CONTROL PANEL >> ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS or PROGRAMS >> PROGRAMS & FEATURES (In Case of Windows Vista/7).
- If you find MSXMLs, Uninstall them & then Restart the Computer.
- Download and Reinstall MSXML version 3 (MSXML3.msi only).
- Restart the computer.
- Download and install MSXML version 4 (MSXML.msi only).
- Restart the computer.
- Run McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe) from http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
- Reinstall the McAfee Program.
Posted on Jan 16, 2010
SOURCE: I keep getting the message:
Got to firewall settings, click firewall, add all programs to have internet access under exceptions..including lexmark suite. Click okay. Even if you disable the windows firewall, I use CA, the lights will still be green, but off on the settings page. I searched Windows help and it explains why.
Posted on Jul 04, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2010 | Nikon LS 2000 Film Scanner
Aug 20, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 14, 2009 | Nikon LS 2000 Film Scanner
Dec 03, 2009 | Nikon LS 2000 Film Scanner
Oct 29, 2009 | Nikon LS 2000 Film Scanner
Jan 07, 2009 | Nikon LS 2000 Film Scanner
Jun 02, 2008 | Nikon LS 2000 Film Scanner
Apr 18, 2008 | Nikon LS 2000 Film Scanner
Dec 09, 2017 | Nikon LS 2000 Film Scanner
88 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!