Question about Washing Machines
always reset your machine ;turn your dial to the end of the cycle [ the dot] it should flash 3 times quickly, then turn off the machine and on again. then start washing again ...hopefully..worth a try.
Posted on Aug 15, 2007
SOURCE: ariston washer
If the washer doesn't operate or make any noise when set on any cycle, or if it stops suddenly when it should continue onto the next cycle, it may not be receiving electrical power or, if the motor stopped mid-cycle, the machine's overload protector may have tripped. In this case, take out some of the articles to reduce the load and let the protector reset itself, then restart. Otherwise:
1) Be sure it is plugged in and turned on. If necessary, check the receptacle it's plugged into for power, using a working lamp, appliance, or voltage tester. Be sure the washer lid is closed completely.
2) If the receptacle seems dead, check the circuit breaker or fuse that serves that circuit.
3) Unplug the washer and check the power cord. If necessary, replace the cord.
4) Open the lid and check the lid switch and the tab on the lid that it pushes against. Press and release the switch: if it doesn't click when you do this, it's probably broken. If you're experienced at home repair, you can remove the switch, test it, and replace it if needed; otherwise, call an appliance repair service person.
5) If the washer still doesn't work, the controls may be faulty. Call a service person.
Was this solution helpful? Show your Appreciation by rating it:
Posted on Feb 16, 2008
Hi there. I have an old model, the indesit WM12. Never counted the flashing light (yours was 10) but my dial started clicking constantly at the drain part. I called Idesit and they told me it was a blockage in the filter.
The filter they speak of it located, on mine, at the front of the machine at the very bottom on the right. It is a black dial about 3 - 4 inches in diameter. Unscrew that anti-clockwise (a real pain because so much water comes out. My wife and I unscrewed it, filled a baking tray with water, screwed it back up, emptied / substituted tray then same all over again - until empty. Though putting it on drain again and again helped at same time). When I pulled out the filter found a 'colour catcher' sheet in it. We used them first time ever the other day. Removed that, gave filter a wee clean and, hey presto, all is working again. Hope that helps. Jim
Posted on Feb 27, 2008
It doesn't spin
If your washer won't spin, check these:
It doesn't pump or spin
It pumps, but doesn't spin
It spins only with the lid closed
It doesn't pump or spin If it doesn't pump water out or spin, check to see if the motor is running, then proceed as follows:
Posted on May 29, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
May 25, 2014 | Hotpoint Washing Machines
Nov 20, 2011 | Washing Machines
Apr 07, 2011 | Indesit Washing Machines
Jul 05, 2010 | Ariston Technologies AWD120 13 lb. Washer...
Jan 22, 2010 | Ariston Technologies AW125NA 13 lbs. Load...
Feb 16, 2009 | Hotpoint Ariston WD440G Front Load...
Jan 03, 2009 | Ariston Technologies AW129NA 16 Lbs Front...
Nov 11, 2008 | Kenmore Elite 45986 Front Load Washer
Dec 01, 2007 | Whirlpool LHW0050PQ Front Load Washer
Jun 20, 2007 | Ariston Technologies AW149NA Washer
77 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!