I had a problem with messenger error code 0x800736b1. I removed all windows live services and tried to reinstall it again but the message came : windows live suite was not installed system error code : 0x800736b1.
this application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
How to do this?????
i could not install my free AVG i got error ox800736b1 how do i fix this
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Windows Live Messenger is tied into Internet Explorer... open internet explorer go to Tools> Options> Internet Option>Advanced>Reset... once reset close internet Explorer, then re open it and it will ask you a few Questions when complete try MSN again and I am sure it will be good again :)
1. Run "sfc /scannow" and restart the computer;
2. Uninstall WLM9 with Zap Messenger;
3. Donwload and install Windows Installer Cleanup Utility for vista/windows 7;Windows Installer CleanUp Utility 1.0
4. Run the utility, select all items concerning Windows Live and remove them; 5. Run WLM9 installer again.
Windows live Messenger 2009http://download.live.com/?sku=messenger
open services.msc from run window and then find avgwdsvc.exe. right click and select properties then check the disabled checkbox. Apply and get out of services.msc. now try to install the new version of avg.
so i found a solution by myself! the beta version is not good since as ive read more people were having the same problem; that one cannot sign in to wlm beta with certain wl ID. sth is wrong when this account and beta version goes together. but you can still sign in using latest stable version of messenger. nothing easier than uninstall beta... but its a bit tricky, because there are messenger and sign-in assistant and as i discovered its better not to remove this second one! just uninstall beta messenger and installer beta package, remove all remainings of these using windows cleaner package (to download from: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301) and then download installation for wlm 8.5, choose what you need to install and it should be fine! well it was in my case & now everythings running perfectly:)
If you are encountering the error code 80072745 when you sign into Messenger try the following:
1. If you are connected to the Internet through a router, remove the connection to the router. Then, directly attach the network or modem cable to the computer. This will help determine whether the issue is related to a firewall setting on the router. Try to sign in to Messenger after you connect to the Internet. If you can connect to Messenger after bypassing your router, the issue may be related to router settings. Try resetting your router (Note: This may revert your settings back to factory default settings and may delete all your custom settings.). Please contact your router manufacturer's Help documentation or customer support channels to determine how to reset your router or enable port 1863 through the router firewall.
2. If you are signing in from a corporate environment, contact the network administrator to determine whether port 1863 is being blocked inside the network. 3. If you have Zone Alarm with IM Security installed on the computer, turn off IM Security for Messenger:
3.a. Right-click the Zone Alarm icon in the notification area, and then open the Control Center. 3.b. Click IM Security or click Security to open the IM Security settings window. 3.c. Click the Main tab or the Status tab. 3.d. Slide the Protection Level slider to Off to turn off IM Security. Note: This procedure will change the IM Security settings for any instant messaging programs that are installed on the computer. 3.e. Sign in to Messenger again to determine whether the issue is resolved.
4. If you are connecting to the Internet using a Wireless Data card through a mobile phone network, please contact your mobile internet provider to verify if you need to additional data plans that enable you to connect to the Messenger service.
Hope that helps!