Question about Yamaha RX-V3800 Receiver
Can I connect a six position passive switch box with six pairs of 8 ohm speakers with seperate volume controls off of sp1 or sp2 outputs ?
I wouldn't hook anything up except what Yamaha recommends to the speaker output terminals. That's pretty much asking for trouble!
Posted on Oct 10, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 15, 2013 | Yamaha RX-V673 7.2 Channel AV Receiver...
1. With the receiver in standby, press STANDBY/ON while holding down the SPEAKER IMPEDANCE button.( Each time you do this, you switch between the impedance settings: )
SP 6 OHM - Use this setting if your speakers are rated at 6 Ohms
SP 8 OHM - Use this setting if your speakers are rated at 8 Ohms or more
You are not able to connect speakers with impedence bellow 6 Ohms with this receiver. Becuse the AV receivers impedence range is 6 - 16 Ohms.
Jul 27, 2011 | Pioneer VSX-515 Receiver
May 14, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
Mar 12, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
Jan 15, 2011 | Audio Players & Recorders
U cant get an amplified out put form ur av receiver for zone 2. speaker a A and B is the same out put of frond left and right. it is not ZONE 2 output. U can get only a pre output for zone to from this receiver. U nee a separate stereo amplifier for using zone 2 .put an amplifier in the other room, connect the zone 2 pre out to it. And do the following setup in ur av receiver .
The receiver shows check speaker cable because its amplifier minimum impedance is 8 ohms . when u connect other speaker in speaker the total impedance will come under 4 ohms. Speaker b is not ZONE 2 in this amplifier
1. press the input selector button A or B to select the source component you want to setup.
2. press and hold LEARN (on remote) button about 3 seconds by using a boll pen or similar object ( SETUP and the selected component name appear alternately in the display window.)
3. press up or down arrow to select "zone2"
4. press LEARN to complete the Zone 2 setup.
5. press source select up arrow to display Zone2 in the window.
6. press an input selector button to select input source u want to listen to in the second room
7. u can control the component by using the component control area button
Dec 26, 2010 | Yamaha RX-V2200 Receiver
Oct 28, 2010 | Technics SA-DX940
Jun 22, 2008 | Denon AVR-1907 Receiver
Jun 22, 2008 | Onkyo TX-SR605 Receiver
Oct 15, 2006 | Pioneer VSX-454 Receiver
401 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: