When I try to empty the dirt container, normally you squeeze the button to release the dirt. My does not stay closed. When I remove the container from the machine, the trap door opens and all the dirt falls all over the vacuum and floor. HELP. thank you.
The catch/latch that is on the bottom of the bin button release has likely broken.
If you take out the canister (as when you are dumping the bin), and flip it upside down and then squeeze the bin release button, you will see that it moves a rod inside the cyclone assembly. At the end of this rod is a plastic (plastic.. redundant, as the entire Dyson is practically plastic) latch that catches onto the bin's lid and locks it in place. A broken latch means it doesn't lock the lid in.
What you need is a replacement latch. Note that the "Bin Release Button + Rod assembly" that are sometimes sold on ebay do *not* contain the latch at the end of the rod. Also the bottom bin assembly does not contain the required parts.
The cyclone assembly should have the full bin release rod + latch, so if you can't find the latch, then a new cyclone assembly would work also (but will cost more, obviously).
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This owners manual shows you how to empty. If you dont have access to Internet:
1. Depress the dirt cup release button and pull nozzle away from unit.
2. Hold nozzle over a wastebasket, Grasp filter and gently pull out.
3. Shake excess dirt and debris out of dirt cup. Brush the dust and dirt off the filter or shake inside the wastebasket. IMPORTANT do not wash filter.
4. Gently push the filter back into the dirt cup.
5. To reattach dirt cup: Align bottom first and rotate nozzle up until it snaps into place.
There is a lever that has a hook on the end that holds the door in the bottom of the dirt cup closed. If the little plastic hook gets broken the trap door will not stay closed by itself. The easiest way to fix this is to purchase a new dust bin. I have a bunch of them in my vacuum graveyard. You may call my store at 260 244-4696.
Hi! Here are some basic trouble shooting steps for the Presto 2-in-1.
1. Remove the dirt cup. Push the release catch on the hand vac and pull the dust container off the motor unit
2. Remove dust container from filter assembly and cyclone separator.
3. Hold the dust container over trash can and tap out debris.
4. Check cyclone separator for additional debris, empty into trash can
5.Check the rinsable filter. If rinsing is needed, remove rinsable filter, rinse with pleated side facing up. Allow filter to completely dry for at least 24 hours.
6. Remove any hair and debris from the brush roll.
7. Remove the floor nozzle from the cleaner by pressing the nozzle release button on the back of the floor nozzle and pulling from cleaner.
8. Check and clear nozzle of any obstructions.
Hope this helps!
A silver button releases the container from the vacuum. The container has a small silver button that opens the bottom of the container.....make sure you have it over a garbage bag or something to catch it.
THERE IS A PAPER FILTER THAT IS CLOGGED WHEN YOU PULL THE PLASTIC CONTAINER OUT TO EMPTY IT LOOK CLOSELY ON THE CONTAINER BOTTOM THERE IS SOMETHING THERE TO RELEASE AND THERE IS A FILTER CLEAN IT AND YOUR BACK IN BUSINESS
There is a container that fills with dirt and it should should be easy to find on the body of the unit.It will probably have a little button that releases it so it can pull out and then you can dump it out. I think you will find the container and the button on the front of the machine that would be the side the t faces forward while you are using it and to access the container you must get in front of it to see the button.
Thank you and I hope this will help you . Olease try to remember to click on the yes button on your way out if this helped you. Thanks for using Fixya!
Above the clear bin (canister) is the cyclone, and on top of that there's a handle. The whole bin-plus-cyclone assembly is released from the rest of the machine by grasping the handle and releasing the button that is on top of the handle where your thumb naturally falls. The trigger on the underside of the same handle releases the base of the bin (on a hinge) so the waste falls out.
You need to be careful not to squeeze that trigger until the bin is wherever you want to get rid of the waste, or else you'll end up with it all back on the floor!
You can empty the waste directly into a trash can, or enclose the bin in a plastic waste bag before releasing the waste. After, make sure the base is properly re-secured before re-fitting the bin to the machine. You can wipe the outside of the bin with a damp cloth. If you wipe the inside (not necessary, but sometimes nice) make sure it is completely dry before closing the base.
I hope this helps. I value your feedback, so please remember to rate this response.