- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is general error of the printer. When you have to change the new mother board you should be initialized it then it can be ready mode. When you try to initialization you need printer printer adjustment program. You can batter find out from google & write down EPSON Stylus R230 Printer Adjustment program or ink reseat program.
This is a problem of clogging of head. You need to un-clog the head hence you need to have with you the following
1. A syringe any capacity 2. Hot water
DO NOT USE ANY OTHER GLASS CLEANING LIQUIDS
1. First take the carriage cradle out of the capping station. 2. Take the hot water in the Syringe and slowly pump a little qty. of water in the Magenta inlet nozzle 3. Then pull the syringe back so it will get the water from inside out in the syringe. 4. Inspect if any small derbies of clogged ink is being sucked by the syringe. 5. Now again pump a little hot water into the ink inlet nozzle 6. Repeat Step 2 again for 3 more times
DO NOT PUMP THE HOT WATER WITH A GREAT FORCE THIS WILL DAMAGE THE HEAD.
It seems like its a jammed print head for this try cleaning your print head using the cleaning utility thats present in your printer software, (NOTE: Head cleaning will consume a lot of ink) Or you can just clean your head with isopropryl alcohol.
1. Isopropryl alcohol
2. Syringe 10 or 20ml
3. Tube(I used medical tube) that fits in the tip of the syringe and the nozzle
1. First remove the needle from the syringe and fit the tube into the tip till its firm.
2. Pull 10 ml of isopropryl alcohol inside the syringe (note: no vacuum or air should remain inside the syringe)
3. Fit the tip of the tube on the nozzle of the print head and slowly squirt about 5ml of isopropryl into the nozzle and pull back till all the isopropryl comes back while pulling back clogged inks will come inside the syringe repeat this till the nozzle is clear. repeat this to all the nozzles. don't forget to throw away all the dirts (clogged inks that will come inside the syringe) and do it slowly, though it will take much time but it will be helpful. I was able to clear my jammed print head with this procedure hope this will help you.
Use a syringe filled with a liquid head cleaner. Add tip syringe with flexible hose (like the hose on the outlet head cleaning mechanic). Remove the ink tanks. Hose into the nozzle.Give the pressure slowly until the liquid head cleaner in the syringe out. Make sure no liquid is spilled in the vicinity of the nozzle. Replace the ink tanks, nozzle check and head cleaning. Is there a change from the nozzle check from the previous?
Your printer has reach its maximum count of cleaning and printing. This need to be reset using epson adjustment program. But before resetting make sure that you have replace the waste pad inside your printer or it is much better to point outside the hose where the waste ink goes out.
You need to reset waste ink counter. Use SSC Utility or R230 Adjusment program. Find at indoreset.blogspot.com. Don't forget to replace waste ink pad, or just extend outlet pipe of head cleaning mech to outside bottle.
Befory you toss the printer, try this!
Take a syringe, 1" piece of rubber tubbing that will fit over the head input snugly, (auto parts house stocks some that works fine). Fill the syringe with a good head cleaner, slightly warm it in the microwave (try 5 seconds to start). Attach to nozzle, gently pull back just a bit, then apply a little pressure. If it accepts the fluid, STOP, You can clean the syringe, add the proper color ink, inject just a small amount. reinstall a known good cartridge, clean heads couple times checking results, if ANY streaks or color appears, clean again! Sometimes letting it sit overnight allows the head to fill with ink. I have had very good luck with this method, also some will not clean properly, just depends on how bad it is clogged.