Machine stuck on hello...pressed power & stop to no avail
If the power button is held for 5 sec or more the unit will turn off and shows clock (which is working) but whenever open/close or power button is pressed the display shows sequencing 'HELLO' and nothing else will work.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 3 tips or uploaded 2 video tips.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: machine stuck on hello...pressed power & stop to no...
Hi. The most common culprit for this HELLO message issue is a faulty DVD-RW drive. To make sure that this is the case, you will need to replace the DVD-RW drive with another DVD, DVD-RW, or another spare hard drive in it's place to make sure the unit powers on and gets past the Hello message. Just make sure the replacement is configured correctly via the master/slave jumper on the back. If this does nothing to help, then the fault could reside in the motherboard or hard drive. You can look at this post where I helped out a user with spare parts http://www.fixya.com/support/t1195654-drc8030n_motherboard
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I had the same trouble to reset this machine into factory setting and finally, I found out. Let's do this way. - Leave your remote away as you won't need it - Turn off the the unit to STANDBY mode - Press and hold STRAIGHT button on the unit and press Power button while you are holding it. This will turn on the machine. - Once the machine turns on, press PROGRAM to select the items on LCD display until it shows INIT **** CANCEL - Press STRAIGHT button until it shows INIT **** ALL - Press Power to turn off the machine. - Leave it for 2 sec. then turn on the machine again. Now your unit turns to factory default setting.
Turn the key to ACC,
press the button on back of speedo several times until time is displayed,
press and hold for 5 sec, 12HR begins to blink,
press and release to switch between time formats,
press and hold for 5 sec, hours will blink,
press and release repeatedly to set hrs,
press and hold for 5 sec to get blinking minutes,
set minutes similar way,
press and hold for 5 sec to save, when minutes stop blinking the time is set,
turn the key to off.
ok Alvin. help has arived .. turn off the power for a few min ( at the breaker box) turn back on see if clock will set . if not you may have a damaged membrain . now 5 A6 MAY BE A FAULT CODE.. in the control panel is a tec sheet with the codes . hope this will help .. mm
HP 6310 Reset There are 3 types of resets in the printer 1.Partial Reset 2.Semi full Reset 3.Full Reset To do partial Reset.
1. Unplug the power cable and turn off the the unit. 2. Press and hold # & 3 at the same time with out connecting the power cable. 3. While holding the button, connect the power cable and do not the release button for 5 sec. 4.Then turn ON the unit To do Semi full Reset.
1. Unplug the power cable and turn off the the unit. 2. Press and hold # & 6 at the same time with out connecting the power cable. 3. While holding the button, connect the power cable and do not the release button for 5 sec. 4.Then turn ON the unit. To do full Reset.
1. Unplug the power cable and turn off the the unit. 2. Press and hold # & 9 at the same time with out connecting the power cable. 3. While holding the button, connect the power cable and do not the release button for 5 sec. 4.Then turn ON the unit
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
1. turn unit off
2. open door, turn power off for 5 secs. ( switch upper left corner )
3. turn power back on, close door.
4. press and hold clear, press on/off. release both simultaneously.
5. immediately , press clear 5 times holding it down the fifth press until the display changes.
6. with menu available, press more until option to reset cleaning appears, select reset cleaning.
Phew! Finally. This one works for my Canon MP140. Follow all instructions completely or it won't work....
Power off the printer Hold the stop/reset button then press and hold power (for 5 secs) Hold Power and release the stop/reset button Press the stop/reset button twice Relase power button Wait until the power button lights a steady/still green, press the stop/reset button three times with a 3 sec space between each press. On the 3rd press the inicator should be orange. Press the power button to set data To set data remove cartridges then replace. leave for 20 or 30 secs Press the power button again to shut down Then press power button to power up. The printer will feed one piece of paper through then set language and counrty. Then ink should be reset
You can try a factory reset (reboot).Here are the steps..
The following will set your recorder to the Factory defaults. (Will not format HD on DMRE80).
With power off (stand-by mode/CLOCK DISPLAY SHOWING):
1)Press and hold [skip reverse] [Time Slip] [Eject] buttons for about 10 sec 2)Display will show 'L1 TEST' 3)Now power off DURING TEST 4)Clock should be fashing 12:00 5)Turn power on and language menu will be displayed on TV
Use for DMRE50 DMRE55 DMRE85 For the DMRE75V press both [dub] buttons and [eject].