- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need to change your port for your outgoing mail server. If it's yahoo you are using you need to use the following settings in outlook: Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465) Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)
You have it set to port 502, it should be set to 995. If you are using Outlook 2010 click on "File" and "Info" on the left. Click on the Account Settings box and find your yahoo mail account. Double click on your account and in the box that pops up, you will see a button on the bottom left of it that says "More settings." click on that. Click on the "Advanced" tab that you will see to the very right and change the setting for your outgoing server. It should say 502 in the text box. Change it from 502 to 995.
has been experiencing a system wide problem. Many of Yahoo! Mail
customers are experiencing the same, Diagnose Connection problem.
assist Yahoo mail customers with this problem, AOL will transfer all of
your contact information and future emails from your Yahoo account to
your new AOL account for the next 30 days for free. (Until Yahoo can
correct the problem). You won't miss any emails from your Yahoo account.. They will be automatically forwarded to your new AOL account.
During the set up process you will be asked to provide a security
question. Later, you'll need to answer the security question to set up
the transfer, so don't forget the answer.
3) Once your new AOL account is set up, go to your AOL email page. Look in the upper right hand top corner for the word, SETTINGS and click on it.
4) (Next page) On the left hand side, look for the word, Accounts and click on it.
5) (Next Page) Look on the line beginning with, Transfer Accounts and locate the link that reads, AOL Easy Transfer and click on it.
6) (Next Page) Agree to the terms of service and click on, Get Started.
7) (Next Page) Under Copy from, enter your Yahoo email address and password.
8) Under Copy to, enter your new AOL email address and password.
9) (Next Page) Carefully Read, and select the options you need. (Click, Continue)
10) (Next Page) Click, Go to AOL Mail.
(Next Page) Enter the answer to your security question you created when
you set up your new AOL email account. (Click, Continue)
12) (Next Page) Look at the top Left hand corner and click on, MAIL.
it. (Although AOL says that it may take up to 24 hours to complete the
process - it usually only takes about 30 minutes.) After you receive
your confirmation email, Click on your Contacts in your AOL account. When you see your Contacts from your Yahoo account there, the transfer has completed.
You cannot configure Yahoo account with Windows live mail.
And the reason you are getting the error because you have Micosoft outlook in the pc and that email client (MS outlook) is not configured with your yahoo mail and it is not the default email client in your PC. Windows live mail is the default email client in your PC and you cannot configure Yahoo account in windows live mail.
Someone probably tried to get into your email account; most likely by accident if you havean easy account name. or one of your friends tried to guess your password and failed / locked. or someone (not likely) tried to hack you account.
On the Yahoo logon screen, click on "I can't access my account"
Answer the few questions and pass the security check.... You will be issued a new password.
Assuming you have chosen the correct server from the list on the bottom of your outgoing message you need to set up both the incoming and out going servers, you should be able to get the details from your account information page then open mail and in the title bar click on MAIL and a drop down menu will appear and select preferences and a new window appears, select accounts and you will see, under account information 3 sections the top is likely filled in being the account type,the second should be there too, the third is the outgoing server, this could be missing or wrong