Question about Computers & Internet
There are a lot of headaches and bugs in the SP3. Removing the software and reinstalling it using a "clean boot" may resolve the symptoms you are experiencing. Booting clean is a way to eliminate programs from conflicting with installation and operation of software.
1. Open the Windows Control Panel.
2. Open the Add / Remove Programs window.
3. Locate the listing for the software and remove it.
Next, do the following:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
3. Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file
4. Uncheck Process WIN.INI file
5. Uncheck Load Startup Items
6. Click on the Services tab
7. At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services
8. Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All
6. Click OK
7. Click Restart
After restarting, reinstall the software. Next, do the following:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
2. Replace checkmarks in the items that you previously removed them from.
3. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
4. Click OK
5. Click YES, when asked to restart your computer
Another option would be to uninstall the SP3 update and revert back to SP2. You can uninstall the SP3 update in the same way, through Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
Hope that helps...Should you have any further questions, please feel free to post them here.
If you find that the solution/answer I provided led you to, or resulted in a fix, please close the ticket with a FixYa! rating. I would be very grateful for your show of appreciation.
Thank you for using FIXYA!
Posted on Oct 09, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 07, 2014 | Computers & Internet
on May 27, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Dec 01, 2013 | E-Machines Computers & Internet
Aug 09, 2013 | Gateway GT4022 PC Desktop
Apr 15, 2013 | Dell Computers & Internet
May 05, 2011 | HP Computers & Internet
Oct 10, 2009 | Computers & Internet
May 10, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Aug 28, 2008 | Computers & Internet
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!