Question about HP Office Equipment & Supplies
If you are having problem to install the printer, do the following:
1) Uninstall the printer,
2) Delete all the printer folders created during the last installation.
3) In the computer registry (start >> run >> regedit.exe) Delete all printer paths
4) Reboot your computer
5) Re-install the printer again.
This will fix your problem.
When you uninstall the printer you must be delete all folders and path created of your first installation. Then restart, and then install the printer again.
Posted on Oct 08, 2008
Removing the software and reinstalling it using a "clean boot" may resolve the symptoms you are experiencing. Booting clean is a way to eliminate programs from conflicting with installation of software.
1. Open the Windows Control Panel.
2. Open the Add / Remove Programs window.
3. Locate the listing for the software and remove it. When prompted to remove the printer drivers files, click Yes.
Now download the latest version of the software for your OS from the manufacturer's website.
The following is the procedure for a 'clean boot'. I am assuming that you have XP.
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG --> Click OK
2. On the General tab, choose Selective Startup
3. Uncheck Process SYSTEM.INI file
4. Uncheck Process WIN.INI file
5. Uncheck Load Startup Items
6. Click on the Services tab
7. At the bottom, check Hide All Microsoft Services
8. Uncheck all boxes in the window or click the button labeled Disable All
6. Click OK
7. Click Restart
After restarting, install the downloaded software. Next, do the following:
1. Click Start --> Run --> Type MSCONFIG--> Click OK
2. Replace checkmarks in the items that you previously removed them from.
3. On the General tab, choose Normal Startup
4. Click OK
5. Click YES, when asked to restart your computer
Hope that helps...Should you have any further questions, please feel free to post them here.
If you find that the solution/answer I provided led you to, or resulted in a fix, please close the ticket with a FixYa! rating. I would be very grateful for your show of appreciation.
Thank you for using FIXYA!
Posted on Oct 08, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2015 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 22, 2012 | HP LaserJet 1320 Printer
Oct 28, 2010 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 04, 2010 | HP LaserJet 5p Printer
Jan 07, 2010 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 26, 2009 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 14, 2009 | HP PSC 1410v All-in-One Printer
Mar 13, 2009 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Nov 20, 2008 | HP PSC 1315 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Oct 04, 2008 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 15, 2018 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!