Question about Western Digital My Book Essential Edition (WDG1U5000N) 500 GB Hard Drive
The issue you are experiencing is account bug. You must reinstall MioNet and create a new MioNet account, then attach the My Book World to the new account. You will then regain your MioNet access.
http://www.MioNet.com/mbvista -- this is the download installer for MioNet which works for blue-ring My Book Worlds. The White-Light My Book World requires different software.
To create a new MioNet account, please use the following instructions:
Part A. Reset MioNet/Anywhere Access
1. Please open your web browsers and enter (without the quotes) "http://<IP address of My Book World>" or "http://mybookworld" in the address bar. The Shared Storage Manager web page will appear. The username and password it requests will be the same as your MioNet username, and the original password used for MioNet (if you changed your password on our website, it does not update the My Book World).
2. Once you have accessed the Western Digital Shared Storage Manager please select "General Setup", then choose "WD Anywhere Access settings". On the following page you will have three buttons to select: please click on the "Stop" button, wait until WD Anywhere Access status goes to "Inactive", then click the "Reset" button. Once the WD Anywhere Access Status goes to "Not Registered," (on older firmware, it will go back to Active), the My Book World has been properly reset. This will return the MioNet software on the My Book World to default settings. It will not harm your stored files.
Part B. Uninstall and Reinstall MioNet (on a computer located on the same network as My Book World)
1. Uninstall MioNet from one of your computers.
2. Insert your Western Digital installation disk or download MioNet from http://www.mionet.com/mbvista and launch the MioNet installer.
NOTE: You must use the installation disk or the link above to create your new account. Certain functionality related to the My Book World is related to the installer you use to register a new MioNet account. Failure to use the proper installer may result in the need to repeat this process.
3. Register as a new user. You will need to specify a new username and E-Mail address.
4. During the installation, MioNet should detect the now reset My Book World. Please add it to your new account.
Part C. Uninstall and Reinstall MioNet on your other computers
1. Uninstall MioNet from your other computers.
2. Install MioNet using the Western Digital installation disk or downloaded from MioNet from http://www.mionet.com/mbvista and launch the MioNet installer.
3. Register as a current user with your new account's information.
Please let us know what your new account name is and we will follow-up with additional information. We will also send you instructions on how to reset that account's password.
Posted on Sep 18, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2009 | Western Digital My Book World Edition 1TB...
Aug 21, 2009 | Western Digital 500GB My Book World...
Jul 16, 2009 | Western Digital 500GB My Book World...
Jun 11, 2009 | Western Digital My Book World Edition 1TB...
Jun 01, 2009 | Western Digital 500GB My Book World...
Dec 25, 2008 | Western Digital My Book Essential Edition...
Dec 12, 2008 | Western Digital 500GB My Book World...
Dec 11, 2008 | Western Digital 500GB My Book World...
Oct 30, 2008 | Western Digital My Book World Edition 1TB...
1,466 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: