Question about New World 60ECHDGm Electric Kitchen Range

1 Answer

My oven stopped working

On investigation when I removed the plastic cover where the wire goes in it was completely burnt out what has caused this can anyone help please and can it be repaired

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.

  • Master
  • 1,462 Answers

This is a common fault and may have been caused by not tightening the connections tight enoug so a high resistance joint develops
repair is to just replace the connection block

Posted on Oct 09, 2008

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

I replaced the waveguide cover and it still flashes and makes the sound. However, when I remove the cover the microwave works great. Is it safe to leave cover off?


The cover really should be on as it keeps food splatter from getting into the wave guide. Did you replace the cover or just try it with it off?? It may have a burnt particle in the cover and be attracting the microwave energy which will cause it to Arc. Whenever cleaning that cover try to keep it from getting soaked with cleaner or water. it needs to be clean and dry. Is your cover a plastic one or a Mica type??

Oct 31, 2017 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My Sanyo microwave model EMD993 just stopped working completely. Any suggestions as to what might be the problem? Has this model got an internal fuse? If so where do I find it?


Ray,
There is an internal fuse.

Unplug your microwave and turn it around and remove the screws holding cover on and then remove the cover. Look for where the power cord goes into the back of the unit and follow the black wire from the cord to where it ends. It should stop an either a circuit board or a fuse holder. Make sure that you replace the fuse with the same amperage fuse as what you take out. You will find the amp rating stamped on one of the silver collars on each end of the fuse. Good luck!

Apr 03, 2015 | Sanyo Microwave Oven with Convection and...

1 Answer

I have a Appollo AAC24-BIB halftime oven. one of the 2 wires coming from the t stat arced and burnt off and burnt the connection off. Customer service sent me a new t stat and I put it together and ran it...


The cover may be contacting the wires - this will complete the circuit and cause a short. You may need a new part - this time install and ensure that no bare wires are making contact with the cover.

Nov 30, 2014 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

What is the cause of the smell of burnt plastic coming from my kenmore elite microwave?


Frequently this is caused by a loose connector to a thermal protection device (a TCO) or some other connector that has a plastic sleeve over it. The connector is loose, which is causing heat, which is melting the plastic. You would have to remove the cover to find the bad device and connector. This is a job for a professional microwave repairman.

Jul 23, 2014 | Kenmore Elite Microwave, Model...

1 Answer

How do i shut beep completely off EM720CWA-PM


How do i shut beep completely off EM720CWA-PM ?

I had a similar issue with this beeper it goes off like an air raid siren.
I removed the 5 top cover screws (2 of these screws require a special star tipped screwdriver. I unscrewed them with a small vice grips -not easy but it can work), With the 5 screws removed carefully pull and slightly lift the cover back toward the rear of the microwave, it's stubborn but will come off with several persistent tugs.

the speaker is now accessible, it's on the circuit board just behind the control panel. You will see a 3/4 "x 3/4" black plastic shroud shaped like an arch protrouding from the circuit board, which houses the speaker. the speaker is visible within the housing and appears as a small metal disc about the size of a quarter. There are two wires soldered to the surface of the disc, reach in with a pocketknife (I used an x-acto knife) and sever/cut one of the wires. remember to pull the wire back so it can no longer make contact with the speaker. reassemble and you will have a "beeperless" microwave, it works fine without the speaker.

Oct 24, 2011 | Rival MT660 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My Marley extractor fan in the bathroom has stopped working, how to investigate the problem and find a fix


Chances are the motor has burned out. Fans are quite cheap and not worth repairing.
In the UK you can get a complete replacement fan from Screwfix for under £20.
Turn off electricity at consumer unit and remove fuse / turn circuit breaker to off.
Undo screw and remove front cover from the fan. Carefully disconnect wires, remove fixing screws.
Follow instructions included with new fan

Feb 21, 2011 | Home

1 Answer

A week ago our oven stopped working during cooking. I had my husband flip the circuit breaker and it still didn't work. 15 minutes later we were able to get it to work again. Today i started to preheat...


Had similar problem with my oven.
Turn off the breaker to the oven/range and remove the panel which exposes the controls. You will probably find a burned spot on the pc board.
Mine was where a spade lug plugged a wire to the board and caused by a loose connector at that lug. I hard wired/soldered the wire to the board (new board was $200+) and the repair lasted several years.

Sep 19, 2017 | Jenn-Air JES9800BAS Electric Kitchen Range

2 Answers

Smells like burnt wires


It is very possible it may have burnt wire or burnt capacitor. Remove unit, remove top cover and look inside to see if you see any burn marks or burnt wires. Also check fuse to see if it is good or not.

Aug 07, 2009 | Whirlpool MH1141XM Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Ground wire burnt plactic cover on amp where wire goes in


REPLACE THE WIRE MAKE SURE IT DOSE NOT RUB AGAIN REPLACE FUSE IF THAT DOSE NOT WORK SOME COMPONENTS MAY HAVE BURNT UP HAD TO SAY WITH OUT LOOKING AT IT TAKE THE COVER OFF SEE HOW BAD IT IS GOOD LUCK

Feb 16, 2009 | AudioBahn A2300HCT Car Audio Amplifier

Not finding what you are looking for?
New World 60ECHDGm Electric Kitchen Range Logo

Related Topics:

210 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top New World Kitchen Ranges Experts

ashburton

Level 3 Expert

417 Answers

Ismael Rodriguez...

Level 2 Expert

171 Answers

Paul Carew

Level 3 Expert

3092 Answers

Are you a New World Kitchen Range Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...