I recently installed windows xp on an aser aspire 5315 and several divices wern't installed. I managed to get all but one called PCI device (i assume its the sound because that is the only device not working). I have tried several forums and several different drivers but nothing works.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: No sound in aspire 5315
- I guess you downgraded your system to windows xp, If that the case you have to check if the system has an internal modem .If so, please download the driver for that PCI modem.
- I have already checked the modem that was already install on your system(V.92 56Kbps* data/fax modem,)
- You have to download the windows xp driver for this modem. or download chipset driver for windows xp
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if the speakers and touch pad were working under Vista then the devices are OK and the audio and touch pad driver which you install may not be the correct XP versions.
Check the Device manager to see if these devices are working and enabled. If not try and upgrade and or download the XP drivers for these devices.
Hi, In all likelyhood, the audio driver is not installed. Check your drivers by going to your device manager and look for devices which have a yellow dot next to them. You will find device manager by right clicking "my computer" and choosing "properties". If you find a yellow dot next to your audio card, go to the Acer web site at: www.acer.com and select your product from the drop down lists. Regards, Graemevm