- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
With the Lexmark printers communication subsystem you MUST let the
driver ask for you to plug in the printer. DO NOT plug the printer into
the USB port until told to do so.
To fix a fouled install :
(1) Uninstall the Lexmark drivers in Add Remove Programs
(2) Shutdown the computer
(3) Disconnect the printer from the USB port
(4) Restart the computer
(5) Run the Driver Installation software
(6) Cancel ALL attempts by windows to auto install the printer
(7) When the sofware asks for the printer connect it and continue
In the search bar of the start menu type in "services.msc" without the quote. After hitting Enter you should get the services control panel. Ensure that the print spooler service is started and set to Automatic. If it runs into an error when trying to start it should report what service it causing the problem, ensure that service is also started and set to automatic.
You need Vista Compliant drivers - go to LexMark support Mean while try this Go to Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Compatibility Wizard[ or go to search - type in Compatibility Wizard] Reset the machine to Run as Win XP or 98