Fax in memory but when i add paper it stops bout 1/4 of the way
I add paper and hit the memory button. the paper feeds through bout 1/4 of the way and then stops. then the memory message appears. and i have to open up machine and pull out the sheet of paper then it does it all over again
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
the machine receives a fax under one of the following conditions, the
machine will not be able to print the received fax and will
automatically store it in its memory.Ink has run out while receiving a fax.Paper has run out while receiving a fax.
Paper other than A4, Letter, or Legal-sized papers are loaded.
OFF is selected for Auto Print in User Settings.
You pressed the Stop button to cancel printing of a fax.
1. Make sure that the plain paper is loaded in the Rear Tray.
2. Display the Memory reference screen.
(1) Press the FAX button, and press the Menu button.
(2) Use the (-) or (+) button to select Memory reference, and press the OK button.
3. Print all the received documents in the memory.
(1) Use the (-) or (+) button to select Print all RX docs.
To print the list of documents in the memory, select Print memory list.
To print a specified document, select Print specified doc..
To delete a specified document, select Delete specified doc..
To delete all documents in the memory at the same time, select Delete all documents.
(2) Press the OK button.
(3) Use the (-) or (+) button to select Yes, and press the OK button.
The machine starts printing documents in the memory one by one.
(4) Use the (-) or (+) button to select Yes
To keep the document in the memory, select No.
(5) Press the OK button.
The deletion confirmation screen will appear each
time after one document is printed. Repeat the same procedure until all
documents are printed.
Follow the steps given below:
1. Snap the cartridges in and out three times.
2. On the operator panel, press Options to indicate which cartridges were changed.
3. Press Start / Yes.
4. Press Options to indicate the type of cartridge you installed.
5. Press Start / Yes.
If the problem persists, do the following:
1. With the printer powered on, remove both cartridges.
2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the printer
3. With the printer disconnected, insert the cartridges and reconnect the power cable.
There should be a setting under user paramaters in the menu section that will allow you to change the default "memory on" setting to "off".
The user parameters set on the menu currently can also be printed for you to go through at your leisure so that you can customise the machine to your own personal prefferences.
well, one of two things have happened, 1. you haven't removed all of the jammed paper, maybe you left a small piece of a piece of paper or you may bent or broken your paper jam sensor. go through the paper path very carefully and check both things.
Sounds like it got set to "immediate" transmission somehow, rather than "memory" transmission -might be as simple as a button on the operation panel, but I'm not a "canon" guy. You can get the manual here if you don't have one:
http://www.canon.ca/english/index-softwaredownload.asp Select "office products", and follow the prompts
If you make copies of multiple documents at a time, the number of pages the fax can scan into memory varies depending on the scanning resolutions as follows:
* STANDARD and FINE result in the same resolution when making copies * If MEMORY FULL appears on the LCD when making copies, reduce the number of documents to be copied or reduce the amount of total copies.
Lift up the document tray.
Insert the top of the document, face up, into the ADF (1) until a beep is heard.
Adjust the document guide to the width of the document.
Press <Resolution> to select the resolution. You can select [STANDARD], [FINE] or [PHOTO].
Enter the number of copies (up to 99) using the numeric buttons. To make a correction to the number of copies, press <Clear> and re-enter the number.
Press <Start/Copy>. To stop copying anytime, press <Stop>. If the document does not eject, press <Start/Copy> for a few seconds, then the fax will feed out the document.
The new resolution will remain until it is changed.
THE MACHINE IS ET TO DELAYED TRANSMSSION (MAYBE THROUH TOLL SAVE BUTTON ) OR OTHERWISE,
PLEASE CLEAR THE MEMORY STORED MESSAGES FOR DELYED SETTINGS,
THE PROBLEM WILLL BE RESOLVED IMMEDIATELY