Question about Mintek MDP-1810 Portable DVD Player
I can see the picture but monitor is all dark,what i suppose to do?
This is an indication that your back-light or inverter has malfunctioned. This problem is tricky, because if the back-light is a separate unit you will be able to repair this problem by replacing the back-light or one of its associative components, however if the back-light is part of the screen so as to make it one unit, then the repair job becomes cost prohibitive.
The troubleshooting process is as follows:
1) take the cover off of the screen panel and expose the back of the screen and the circuitry of the main board.
2) with a multimeter measure the test point voltages as compared to the schematic and note any abnormalities.
3) using the schematic as a guide determine if the back-light can be turned on manually (this is just a test to see if the back-light or its circuitry is the problem)
4) if the back-light circuitry is faulty replace the malfunctioning components,if the back-light is faulty replace the back-light (if possible, because the back-light may be part of the screen)
5) If you can replace the back-light order it from the manufacture to insure compatibility.
6) if you can not replace the back-light because it is part of the screen, contact the manufacture and ask them the cost of a new screen/back-light combination.
7) replace the components, close the unit back up and then do a 48hour burn it test on the player.
I hope this helps,
Posted on Oct 08, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2011 | Polaroid PDM-0723 Portable DVD Player
Jul 28, 2011 | Zenith DVP615 Portable DVD Player
Jul 14, 2009 | Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 DVD Player
Jul 13, 2008 | Mintek 8.5" Portable DVD/CD Player
Jul 01, 2008 | Mintek Televison & Video
Jun 06, 2008 | Durabrand DUR-1700 Portable DVD Player
Jan 29, 2008 | Polaroid PDV-0701A Portable DVD Player
Dec 08, 2007 | Panasonic DVD-LS80
Dec 30, 2006 | Coby TFDVD5600 Portable DVD Player with...
Oct 26, 2013 | Mintek MDP-1810 Portable DVD Player
429 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: