Question about Mintek MDP-1810 Portable DVD Player
I can see the picture but monitor is all dark,what i suppose to do?
This is an indication that your back-light or inverter has malfunctioned. This problem is tricky, because if the back-light is a separate unit you will be able to repair this problem by replacing the back-light or one of its associative components, however if the back-light is part of the screen so as to make it one unit, then the repair job becomes cost prohibitive.
The troubleshooting process is as follows:
1) take the cover off of the screen panel and expose the back of the screen and the circuitry of the main board.
2) with a multimeter measure the test point voltages as compared to the schematic and note any abnormalities.
3) using the schematic as a guide determine if the back-light can be turned on manually (this is just a test to see if the back-light or its circuitry is the problem)
4) if the back-light circuitry is faulty replace the malfunctioning components,if the back-light is faulty replace the back-light (if possible, because the back-light may be part of the screen)
5) If you can replace the back-light order it from the manufacture to insure compatibility.
6) if you can not replace the back-light because it is part of the screen, contact the manufacture and ask them the cost of a new screen/back-light combination.
7) replace the components, close the unit back up and then do a 48hour burn it test on the player.
I hope this helps,
Posted on Oct 08, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2011 | Polaroid PDM-0723 Portable DVD Player
Jul 28, 2011 | Zenith DVP615 Portable DVD Player
Jul 14, 2009 | Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 DVD Player
Jul 13, 2008 | Mintek 8.5" Portable DVD/CD Player
Jul 01, 2008 | Mintek DVD & Blu-Ray Players
Jun 06, 2008 | Durabrand DUR-1700 Portable DVD Player
Jan 29, 2008 | Polaroid PDV-0701A Portable DVD Player
Dec 08, 2007 | Panasonic DVD-LS80
Dec 30, 2006 | Coby TFDVD5600 Portable DVD Player with...
Oct 26, 2013 | Mintek MDP-1810 Portable DVD Player
429 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: